Chapter 3

How the Bad Boy Saved Me

Chapter 3

I'd arrived home on Tuesday from a boring day at school. Elena had gone off with her new boyfriend, Stefan ,leaving me to walk around by myself seeing as I hadn't really made any friends yet.

I walked up to my room, and then quickly checked my phones for messages, I had none because I was such a social butterfly. My mum was currently out, my younger sister at babysitters. Any normal seventeen year old would be inviting all their friends over right now, but not me, I only have one friend.

Dropping my phone onto my bed and deciding I was hungry, I headed down stairs, towards the kitchen.

I put a piece of bread in the toaster and got the jam and butter out of the fridge. Yeah, I know, I'm so creative with my cooking skills. Just as I'd finished buttering my bread, Caspar walked in so I smiled at him and he meowed politely back.

Caspar was my cat, I'd had him for a year now after I'd rescued him from the streets he was all skin and bone when I got him but now he was a lot healthier than when I'd first seen him.

Rain poured down heavily on the roof, which was why Caspar was here right now, he only ever came when it was raining or he needed food.

Loud knocking came from the front door, I sighed it was probably mum. I picked up Caspar and headed towards the door and opened it to the last person I thought I would see, Josh Ryder. He looked stunning, the way the rain made his hair fall on his face made him look perfect.

I was about to close the door on him but he seemed to know what I was thinking he put his hand on the door stopping me from closing it.

"You know Ellie I thought of you as a lot of things but I never imagined you as a cat lady." He said.

"Why are you here?" I asked irritated at him, how was it fair someone so annoying could be so good looking.

"Well we have a drama assignment to do don't we?" He reminded me.

"How did you know where I live?" It was weird that Josh knew where I lived, since we hadn't even crossed paths before Monday.

"That's for me to know and for you to not," he told me. "Now let me in."

I took my hand off the door then moved out the way to let him in. He gave me a cocky grin before entering the house. Walking into living room, I pointed Josh to the couch and he slumped down onto it. I took a seat next to him but sat right at the edge of the couch. Josh looked over to me. "Nice house, where's your parents."

"My mum's out." I said, I didn't really want to talk about family, especially with Josh.

"What about your dad?" he asked. My heart pounded, I looked at my hands which were twitching nervously, Say something.

"He died." I replied, no not that, why did you tell him the truth? I looked up at Josh, he looked pained almost like he was remembering a bad memory.

"Oh I'm sorry." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"You don't need to say sorry it wasn't you who caused his death." That was the thing about people knowing about my father's death they always told me they were sorry but that not what I wanted to hear because 'sorry' wasn't going to bring him back. Josh shifted in his seat awkwardly, searching for something to say.

"Are we going to practice then?" he looked confused at my question.

"You know what you came here to do." I reminded him.

"Yeah let's start on that then." He said.

"We'll need to write a script you know." I remarked.

"I know." He nodded.