Chapter 11

I woke to an unfamiliar surrounding. Though my mind protested against it I forced my eyes to focus. Everything was too bright and white. Then I remembered the party, I was with Josh, then I saw him, I had seen Mark.

Panic shot through me, where was I? Had Mark taken me? The last I saw of him he was only a meter away and with all the drunk and oblivious teenager's no one would have noticed.

I could hear the sound of a machine beeping fast, I looked around the room to find where the annoying sound was coming from. Then I realized that I was actually in a hospital room, the door opened then and a smiling doctor walked in.

"Hello Eliana, I'm Doctor Bower I see you're awake, how are you feeling?" he asked.

"I..  feel Nauseous?" my answer came out more of a question and my voice sounded rough and unusual

He wrote something down on a piece of paper, "Ah that's perfectly normal, now do you remember what happened?"

Shaking my head slightly I said "I was at a party then I woke up here."

"You seemed to have fainted Eliana, and you fainted due to a number of reasons, just before you passed out you were hyperventilating and you also passed out do to fatigue and sudden shock, the shock, the tiredness and the hyperventilating led you to be out for a while."

"How long?" I questioned curiously.

"A night and one day, your body needed rest it was extremely exhausted, Eliana what caused you not to sleep?"

I stuttered, I couldn't exactly tell him about the situation I was in that had kept me up recently. "I don't know... I guess I was just too hooked on playing on my phone."

Dr. Bower frowned at my excuse, I hoped he would believe it because I definitely not telling him the truth.

"Hmm... well it seems your stress level has been a little high recently so we'll give you some medication for that and we'll keep you under observation just for the rest of the day and if everything looking ok you'll be discharged." With that he left the room leaving me all on my own.

Just a few minutes after this my mother rushed in with a worried look on her face. "Oh my Lord, Eliana Edwards you had me so worried!"

I managed a small smile "yeah... sorry about that mum."

She frowned at me slightly, "What were you doing at a party Eliana, you never go out, it's so unlike you."

"Thanks mum."

Mum sighed, "Eliana I didn't mean it like that it's just it's so stressful coming home getting a call from someone that your daughter has been taken to hospital."

"I know Mum I'm sorry." I replied.

Mum gave me a hug and kissed my fore head, she took my hand and placed a phone in it.

"I have to go to work now, but I expect hourly updates on how you're doing." She told me.

I laughed, "Okay."

She hugged me once more then left the room. I closed my eyes thinking back to what happened at the party. Mark had found  me, if he had found my then he could just as easily find my sister when she walked home from school with her friends.

A mistake I had caused was putting my own family at danger, I couldn't let them get hurt because of me. The contract said I had to pay the money by the time I was Eighteen or.. there would consequences.

I was looking up at the ceiling when I heard someone walk in, thinking it was my mom I was about to tell her she needed to be at work. But then when I looked at the approaching figure. I realized it was Josh.