Chapter 14

It was almost a laughable statement, Alexandra actually thought we had a chance at killing Mark. I mean,I would be impressed if someone managed to get away alive if they had only just scratched him, let alone kill him. As stupid as the idea was I had thought about it a long time ago and after thinking about it further I realised how impossible it would be to do.

"Eliana, you do not look convinced." Alexandra observed.
"I mean it's not like your solution to our current problem is an easy one to carry out." I told him.
"How so?" Alexandra asked.

"I think we would have more luck keeping our lives if we walked into the closest police station with guns in our hands and dragging a body behind us."
Alexandra chuckled, "Don't not underestimate me Eliana, I never said it would be easy, but if carried out properly you will be safe."
"He's been doing this a long time Eliana, he knows what he's doing." Josh added.
As much as I wanted to trust Josh's judgement, I couldn't— the thought of killing Mark to get rid of him just seemed so extreme.

"Just to show you how serious I am, the first phase of my plan starts tomorrow." Alexandra said.

"That soon?" I gasped, I mean I thought it would be a few weeks at least till we started to do anything.

"Yes, don't look so shocked and you need to go to bed, you're going to need the energy." He began walking out the room and Josh signaled me to follow him, so I did.

We were led out of the room we had been standing in and walked down a long white corridor that seemed to span for miles, the layout reminded of the sort you find in hotels, with doors that led to rooms either side of the corridor.

We finally stopped at a door labeled number '420' which for some reason made both Josh and Alexandra snicker and giggle like little children, whilst I wondered why the door number had suddenly jumped to 420 when the previous door had been number 6.

When Alexander opened the door I was surprised to see a set of stairs behind the door that led to another door that looked like it led to the second floor. Alexandra walked up the stairs and stopped just in front of the door then swiftly turned back to us.
He held one of his hand out and grabbed mine with his other then placed a key card in my hands.
"This will be your one and only key, don't lose it or you won't be able to get back in." He told me.
"I've only lost about every single key I've ever been given in my life..." I trailed off.

Alexandra smiled slightly,"Unless you wish to sleep outside, don't lose this one." And with that he walked off and out of the mini corridor-like room we stood in.
I glanced over to Josh and he nodded at me to open the door.
Placing the card in the door I waited till the light on the card holder turned green and I pushed the door open.

Completely shocked by the look of the room it took me a while for my legs to respond to my brain and actually move. When I finally made it into the room and had fully appreciated how nice the room actually was, I mean it was only comparable to the penthouse apartments that celebrities and business men always stay in.
"Fucking hell Josh" I whispered.
"Yeah Alexandra likes to show off, I can bet you now all the other rooms look nothing like this." Josh said, walking over to the king-sized bed and sitting on it.
"This is crazy," I remarked, quickly glancing around the room again, "I mean I could lose you in that thing." I pointed at the bed, walking closer to the bed.
Josh reached out and held onto my hand, "I don't think that possible." He pulled me onto the bed so that I was laying on top of him.
I smiled down at him, "you know this isn't a bad angle of you."
"Hmm.. can't say the same from down here." He mocked.
"Ah," I placed my hand on my chest in mock offence.
"If that's how you feel then there's a place for you to sleep reserved right over there." I told him, pointing at a bin in the far corner of the apartment.
"No, I take it back, only you can make a double chin look sexy." He smirked up at me.
"Well only you could make being a dîck so attractive." I looked down in to his blue eyes tracing the tattoo that ran along his chest with the tip of my finger.
He bit his lip and placed his hands on my head pulling my head closer to his, just as our lips were a centimetre away from touching I lifted my head up and rolled away from him.