Chapter 9

Josh.

I had just got out of the shower and walked into my room with a towel wrapped around my waist, when I heard my phone buzz. I picked it up and smiled as I saw it was from Eliana, I opened the message and read it:

I'm so sorry please forgive me- Eliana

The smile quickly faded as I finished reading the text. I read the text over and over trying to comprehend what she ment. I sent her a text back.

What are you talking about? Are you okay?

After several minutes of no response I decided to call her, the phone just kept on ringing no matter how many times I tried.

I was getting worried now why would she just send me a text like that, just out of the blue? We had be doing fine.

If she wasn't going to reply to my texts or answer my calls then I would just have to talk to her another way, I picked up my coat.

I still remembered the route to her house even though it had been a while since I last was there. Walking up to the door I was nervous on what I'd find on the other side, what if Eliana was just with another boy and so she texted me because she felt guilty?

Ignoring the thought I knocked on the door. No one came to answer it, so I knocked again. Maybe Eliana wasn't even home, I thought, How would I know if she even was.

I began to turn away from the house but turned back again. I didn't want to take my chances, so I looked for another way to enter. After looking for a short while I saw a window that stood a couple of meters up from the ground. It was open, the only problem was how I was going to reach it.

Deciding that taking a run up was a good idea, I walking away from the window. Then charged at it, I jumped and just managed to catch the window ledge. Pulling myself up I pushed the window open more and jumped inside.

I landed in a loo, barely even missing dropping into the actual toilet. Opening the door I realized that I was downstairs, instead I headed upstairs to Eliana's room.

Though when I looked I the room, she wasn't there. I found her phone on the bed with all my missed calls. I was about to go check downstairs when I heard water running.

Walking to the bathroom I saw that it was locked I grabbed the handle and pushed hard against the door. The first thing I saw was blood.

Eliana

The door burst open, scaring me and making me cut deeper than I intended. Dropping the razor, I hissed in pain as the stinging sensation shot through my wrists.

"E-Eliana?" Though the voice sounded broken and hurt, I recognized it owner. Looking up I saw Josh staring down at me his eyes filled with tears.

"Josh, I'm sorry.." I began to cry, I hadn't meant for him to see me like this, I hadn't meant for any of this.

He walked over to me cautiously then crouched beside the bath so he was at my level, he brought his hands to my face.

"Please Eliana, tell me why your doing this?" his voice cracked and he didn't sound like the boy I'd spoken to earlier today. But I guess I didn't look like the girl he'd see either.

"It's my fault Josh I-" My crying had become to hard for me to even finish the sentence. Josh moved his hands to my wrists and looked at them "Never again." he whispered. He stood up and picked a towel of the side.

He handed to me and I stood and wrapped the towel around me. I was still crying as I climbed out the bath, Josh walked to me and picked me up. After Josh had got some bandages for my wrists, We ended up on the bed in my room, he lay staring at the ceiling while I gently sobbed on his chest.