Chapter 10

After Josh and I had left the field he insisted that he stay the night with me again. I had told him that he couldn't because if my mum found out that he slept in my bed again she would kill me. But he didn't take no for an answer, eventually he ended up sneaking through my bedroom window.

It was now Thursday and I decided that I would go to school because when you are seventeen and you miss a day of school you might as well have missed a whole month with the amount of information they like to cram into one class.

When I arrived at school the bell for first period had already went so I made my way to lesson. I had Religious Education with Elena.

As I sat down in my seat I noticed Elena was already there. "Hey." I said.

Elena looked up from her text book and narrowed her eyes at me. "Where were you yesterday?" she said pointedly.

"Why?" I asked, I hadn't exactly told Elena that I was in a relationship with Josh.

"Because we had French yesterday and Miss Thaliana made us go in pairs and because you weren't their I had no one to go with." she explained.

I laughed, "that's why you have me them evil eyes when I came in?" I said "And I was sick by the way."

"Well next time be sick when we don't have any classes together."

"Okay I'll make sure I only catch illnesses when you aren't in my class then." I smiled at her.

Elena grinned, "you better."

The first two lessons went pretty quickly with Elena in both classes time pretty much flew by. I was yet to see Josh, even though he had told me that he would be here.

It was third period and one of my most hated lessons; Maths. I just didn't see how knowing x-76=5 was ever going to benefit me in life, not to mention it was hard and confusing.

The moment I walked into class I spotted Josh in the back corner of the room he waved at me and pointed to the seat next to him telling me to sit next to him.

"Hey beautiful." he greeted, I couldn't help but blush at his comment I didn't get complemented very often, it was an alien thing to me.

"Josh you know I'm not beautiful." I blurted, the words came out of my mouth automatically and I knew Josh would probably react negatively. Though to my surprise he didn't say anything he got up and left the classroom.

A few minutes after he left I got a text:

Meet me outside, on the hills.

The text was from Josh and he wanted me to meet him at a place that people called 'the hills', really it was just a strip of ground that was slightly higher than that which surrounded it.

I got outside to see that Josh was holding a piece of paper and a pen. He sat on the grass and I sat down near him. He handed me the paper and pen.

"I want you to write down all the flaws you think you have, all the things you don't like about yourself." Josh told me.

There was no way I was going to do that.

"Josh I'm not gonna-

He cut me off, "Eliana." he said in a slightly angered tone.

So I began writing:

·My skin is way to pale, I need to put like 5 pounds of make up on so people don't ask me why I look dead

·My eyes are too big

·No matter what clothes I wear I don't look good in them

·My Wrists are scarred