Chapter 7

How the Bad Boy Saved me

Chapter 7

It was the day that we had to perform our rendition of Romeo and Juliet. All throughout the week things were going great, but this one Thursday was the day I dreaded. Josh had stuck with his plan to ignore me and Elena was unintentionally ignoring me by being too preoccupied with Stefan.

Instead, I hung out with Matt, frequently it seemed like he was the only one who paid attention to me. I grew closer to him the more days I spent with him and so did my feelings.

Drama was my first lesson of the day, Josh hadn't specified what I should wear so I assumed that he was just going to wear normal clothes.

It was the usual routine when I arrived at class; I was the first one there. I took the script that Josh had given me out of my bag and placed it on the desk. Reading through it quickly I made sure that I had memorized the whole thing.

By the time I had gotten through the script everyone was in the classroom and were having last minute rehearsals with their partners. I looked around for mine, why did he always have to be so late? Thanks to Josh we were going to have to perform a play we had never even rehearsed.

Eventually Josh came walking in but only to be followed by Mr. Jacobs. I groaned inwardly in frustration; now we definitely would not have time to rehearse.

"Right class so we all know what today is," he clapped his hands as he talked earning the attention of the class.

"Today is the day you perform your plays!" he said over-enthusiastically. I was aware that Josh had pulled his chair and had sat next to me but I didn't bother to say anything to him.

"Are you gonna say something?" Josh said after several moments of silence. I turned in my chair to look at him. Narrowing my eyes at him, I glared at him then focused my attention on reviewing the script.

"Okay then." he grumbled.

"Right Class lets start the performances shall we?"  Mr Jacobs said.

Everyone groaned simultaneously while I mentally cursed Josh. Our performance would go no other than rubbish and it was all thanks to him.

"Alexia and Jason you can go first."

After watching several people's plays I was not any more eager to perform mine. All the plays I watched so far were well rehearsed.

"Ok Eliana and Josh your next." Mr Jacobs told us. My stomach dropped and I froze. Josh had already climbed up onto the stage, he turned back, "are you coming" he shouted from the stage.

The class erupted in laughter while I blushed and stood up from my seat and stood on the stage.

"Off you go." Mr Jacobs prompted.

"Romeo! Who cares about what my dad thinks, say you love me and I'll marry you." I said.

"I wish that are families weren't enemies, why do you have to be a Montague?" I continued.

"I'll take away my name and and no longer be a Montague because I love you so much." Josh began.

"Romeo is that you? My family will put a restraining order on you if they find out your here." I said.

"If they do that at least I was able to see your face one last time."

"Do you love me? If you do lets run away and get married because I love you more than anything." I cringe slightly at the word's I have to say.

"I swear by-

"Don't swear by anything just say it and I'll believe you." I interrupted.

"One second Romeo, someone's at the door." I walk towards the side of the stage."