Chapter 4

My mom notices my arrival almost immediately and stands to address me. This is weird.

"You'll never guess what happened?"

"What?" I asked, a little nervous to hear her response.

"Dad's coming home!" She smiles at me excitedly and throws a glance at Avery who is smiling like a kid on Christmas morning.

"That's just great," I say as calmly as I can. "When exactly?"

"Friday," she says, looking around the house. "Oh gosh, we need to clean this place up real nice for dad, okay?"

"Okay, well, umm, I've got a lot of homework to do so I'm going to head to my room to study for now."

Before she can say anything else, I quickly speed walk to my room and shut the door behind me, quickly locking it. Shit, shit, shit. What the fuck? Why is he coming home? How did this happen? I don't understand! And in two days! WHY?

I collapse on my bed and shove a pillow over my face so I can scream into it.

"F*CK!"

When I finally can't breathe anymore, I remove the pillow and stare up at the ceiling. Okay Lyssa, pull yourself together dammit. You're not 12, you can handle this. Just focus on getting through today. Besides, you don't know that he'll stay here. And if he does you can stay somewhere else, maybe you can sleep at Ash's for the night. I can come up with some excuse and stay there for a couple of nights while I sort out what my next step is.

Okay. You got this Lyssa. Now stop talking to yourself and get ready for bed. I slip into my pajamas and clip my hair out of my face so I can wash it. I crack open my door and listen for my mom and Avery. I can hear hushed voices coming from the kitchen and I quickly go to the bathroom and get ready for bed. As soon as I open the bathroom door, Avery pushes me back in and closes the door behind her.

"Don't you even think about having a relationship with Dad when he gets back. Got it? Or else you might get really familiar with the hall closet again." She smirks at me and turns around exiting the bathroom.

I shudder and try to push away the images sweeping through my mind about the hall closet. I blink them away and lock myself in my room again. Could this day get any worse?

I crawl into bed and unlock my phone. I set my alarms for the morning and open twitter. After a couple of hours on my phone, my eyes start to burn with sleepiness and I crawl under my blankets to get some rest.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short update, and it being so delayed but here it is!

xoxo

Elodie