"Luke I don't want to keep your clothes!"

"You always end up doing it anyway." I walked into the bathroom and she stood there trying to protest against me.

"No, I didn't! I just haven't had the time to give you them back-"

"Look, darling, you don't want to give them back-ah, babbabba-" I shushed her when she opened her mouth. "You wore my clothes again meaning you didn't to give them back."

"Lu-"

"Kelsey I'm talking!" I huffed and stared at her reflection in the mirror as I brushed my teeth and handed her a spare brush. "As I was saying. I'm not mad though. I think you look ravishing in my clothes." I smirked and she blushed and winked at her rinsing out my mouth. Kelsey brushed past me, flicking her hair over her shoulder.

"I'm annoyed at you if you couldn't tell."

"Wouldn't be the first time darling!" I called after her as she left my room. I rolled my eyes with a smile, picking up a hazelnut coloured aviator jacket and my own. I grabbed my essentials and went downstairs to the dining room. "Good morning everyone." I greeted my family, unusually chipper for a Monday morning.

My mother beamed at me, "Good morning Lu."

"Good morning Bubba."

"Morning Luke." I frowned at my sister, who seemed somewhat upset and I sat at the table, telling myself I'd speak with her.

•••

"Maddison." I caught her arm as she left.

"What?" Annoyance was evident in her tone quite clearly. Her eyes were bloodshot and she looked restless.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She tried to turn away from me.

"What's wrong Maddison?" I repeated my demeanour changing within a second.

"I don't have to tell you everything!"

"It concerns me when you look like you've been dragged through hell. Your eyes are bloodshot and you look, restless little sister, of course, it is in my place to ask and know what is going on."

"Luke please don't do this now-" Her voice broke.

"Maddison-"

"She'll talk to you when she wants to Luke. Don't force it out of her." I heard Kelsey's voice and she smiled softly at Maddison. Kelsey made herself apparent as I was distracted. She took my hand of Maddison's arm. "As long as you're okay."

"I'll be fine." Maddison scampered off before I could get another word in.

"Now I'm annoyed at you!" I threw my hands in the air. "She's upset ma chérie!"

"Yes, and so you shouldn't force her to tell you what's going on. She'll come to you Lu because she trusts you but, forcing her won't help you or her."

"You're annoying when you're right," I growled in frustration. Kelsey smiled like an angel and patted my stomach.

"It's alright Lu, you'll need to get used to it." My expression fell and she laughed seeing this.

"Here, a jacket of some sort," I muttered, still worried about my sister.

"Thank you!"

"The driver will take us to school and he can take you home on the way to fencing." I nodded curtly, quietly walking outside with my own things. I opened the door and Kelsey sat in and I followed suit.

"Stop being so mad. Frown lines don't suit you."

"My beauty ages with me have you known."

"You're utterly vain."