"So you've been pretending this whole time?" He asked almost surprised.

"I should be an actress don't you think?" I asked with a small smile.

"Stop smiling." He said as he looked at me with squinted eyes. I bit my lips trying to hide it.

The music suddenly changed from classical to pop. "Hey I have an idea. Remember when you tried to compel me to dance? Well, I can pretend to remember even better if we dance now." I smiled. "Oh right." I pursed my lips remembering to not smile.

"You're such a tease. How do you manage to do that? Why aren't you the least bit scared?" He asked worried.

I shrugged lightly. I knew he wouldn't hurt me at this point and I was making the most of it. "You had your share of messing with me. It's only fair that I have my turn with you. If you won't dance with me, I'm gonna go find someone to dance with." I said as I moved my hair behind my shoulder and walked away. I found Matt and Tyler drinking.

"Wow." I said as I walked over. "You're those people." I smirked as I put my hand out. I took a swig and handed the bottle back to Matt. "God that's disgusting." I coughed lightly.

"Yeah it is but I need a buzz." Matt responded.

"How are you both doing?" I asked as I realized they were drinking. "Yeah that was a dumb question. If you need to let it out, come find me. I'm gonna try to keep it professional tonight." I smiled to Matt and then to Tyler who smiled back. I walked away and saw Jenna walking with dad away from Elena.

"Ooh." I said as I looked at Elena.

"Wow you look so- sexy." She said surprised.

"Don't I?" I asked with a smile as I posed. "You look great too." I said looking at her dress.

"I couldn't pull that off." She shook her head lightly.

"Please, we look the same. You totally could." I replied jokingly with a chuckle.

"But you have so much more confidence." She shrugged lightly.

"Maybe. I'll have to share it with you sometime." I smiled as Stefan walked over.

"I'll go over there." I smiled to Stefan as he smiled back. We weren't necessarily on bad terms but we weren't on good terms either.

I went to the back of the house and stepped outside. The stars were really pretty tonight. I heard footsteps and I saw Damon once again.

"Why are you stalking me?" I asked looking back at the stars.

"I'm not stalking, just checking on you." He replied as I looked at the stars.

"That's like the nice version of stalking. Did you want something?" I asked looking at him.

He shrugged lightly and stood with me. "Did you know your dad punched me in the face?"

I laughed lightly. "No I didn't." I responded as I looked back up. "You deserve it."

"When exactly am I going to stop deserving the violence and teasing?" He asked with agitation.