Chapter 17 | Don't Let Me Fall

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you guys know that I decided to change the age of everyone in the book. It is 10th grade(For Samantha, Ada, Braylen, Jen, and Jeremiah), Samantha, Ada, and Braylen are 15, Jeremiah and Jen are 16, and Braxton is 16 almost 17. Braxton is in the 11th grade. I changed it so the story would flow better. Dats all :):)

I was in the warm bed, my comforter engulfing my body. I felt the sun that was shining through my curtains on my face. My whole room was warm and cozy, perfect for wintertime. As I was just laying there, not wanting to get out of bed, the blankets were pulled off of my body. I bounced up and saw two sets of eyes peering at me.

"Uggghhhh. Jeremiaaaaahhh, Samanthaaaaaaaa. Whyyyyy." I realized that I was only in a tank and some joggers after Samantha was crossing her arms against her chest and Jeremiah's cheeks were the slightest shade of pink, his pink lips were pursed tightly as well.

I tried to snatched my blankets back but Jeremiah got on the bed and pushed me onto the floor. My body made a loud thud and I groaned. I pushed myself up slowly and noticed that Jeremiah was laying on my bed, his hands knitted together behind his head and his feet crossing.

I rolled my eyes and spoke up. "Why are you two hooligans here at this early hour?"

"You do realize that it is almost noon, right?" Jeremiah said cockily. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a pillow off the bed and threw it at his face.

"Geez lady, so abusive." He pretended to look hurt, rubbing his sharp jawline. I just rolled my eyes playfully.

"Don't you remember? We were going to go out, just the three of us, and go skating and walk around that one area of the city with all of the restaurants and hipster stores." Samantha raised an eyebrow and attempted to pull Jeremiah off of the bed, I helped.

"I gotta get dressed if you want me to go with you guys." They scurried out of the room and closed the door behind them.

I decided to wear some black skinny jeans with a dark blue sweater and some knee high boots. I brushed my now shoulder length, hair. I topped my outfit off with some heart shaped earings and the 3 way best friend necklace that Jeremiah, Samantha and I bought at the claires at the mall in the 6th grade.

I walked out into the hallway and Jeremiah's hazel eyes grew large. Samantha spoke. "Dang girly. You lookin sexy." I smiled at the compliment before rolling my eyes and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. Jeremiah subtly looked over my outfit and we made awkward eye contact before looking away. I bit my bottom lip nervously.

Jeremiah coughed and spoke. "Are you guys ready to go?" We both nodded and I gestured for us to leave. We walked out and we headed to the car that Jeremiah drives because he recently turned 16.

When I walked out, a blast of cold air hit me. I hurried to Jeremiah's car, well, his mom's car, and got in as soon as I could. Samantha sat in the passenger seat and I sat in the back. We slowly backed out of the driveway, Jeremiah constantly checking to see if it was safe, and we got on the road.

The two lovebirds held hands in the front and I just sat in the back, thinking of my current relationship. I wish that Braxton would tell my why he is treating me like this because I wanna be in a normal relationship like we were in the start. The feeling of loneliness, especially when you have dated someone, is harsh.

I broke from my thoughts once we arrived at the ice rink, Jeremiah found a parking spot and we parked. Jeremiah got out of the car first and he opened the door for me, grabbing my cold hands to get out, and then he did the same for Sam. His gesture left me with a warm feeling in my chest.

The feeling didn't last long because Jeremiah started to hold Samantha's hand. I need to stop thinking like this. I. Have. A. Boyfriend. What if it is my fault that Braxton is treating me in this way? Just because I couldn't let go of previous feelings? I can't. WHY DO I HAVE TO FEEL THIS WAY?!?!?!?!??!?