Chapter 3 | The Morning After

✔Edited✔

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

"Uggghhh, shut up," I smiled when the beeping stopped for a moment. "Shut up!" I yelled to my alarm when it decided to be oh so rude again. I woke up under the covers of my twin-sized mattress, not thinking about what had happened yesterday. I quickly put on a hoodie that was lying on the ground, and I rushed downstairs.

I could hear the morning news blaring on the T.V. in the kitchen. My mom was already dressed, drinking her coffee, while looking at the magazine in her hands. Dang, well my mom is certainly ready for the long day of work that awaits her.

"Hey, Mom." I chirped. I yawned and cracked my knuckles. She cringed at the loud popping noise.

"Nice to see you up early after what happened yesterday," My mother exclaimed before smiling and rested her hand on my back.

"Well, I'm feeling good, fresh, and new today."

I slid towards the cabinet that had the cereal in it in my miss-matched socks. I decided to grab the frosted corn flakes as my cereal. I put the box down on the table and grabbed the milk, a bowl, and a spoon, so I could eat my cereal properly. As I was eating my cereal, my Mom gave me a cup of orange juice. I glanced up at the T.V. to watch the forecast. It was only going to be in the eighties, opposed to the boiling heat from yesterday. I looked down at the clothes I was wearing and decided that the shorts and hoodie I was wearing was alright.

I shoved the rest of my food into my mouth quickly, and before I knew it, I was heading out the door. "Hey, Hon, why are you leaving so soon?" My mom looked confused. "Do you have plans?

"Oh, I was just going to ride my bike to Starbucks to clear my mind and enjoy myself!" I ran my fingers through my hair to tame it and put it up in a ponytail, so it would be at least somewhat presentable to the public. I couldn't scare the neighbors. What would they have thought if they had seen a wild teenager riding a bike, as opposed to staying indoors in our natural habitat?

"Aren't you going to change out of that hoodie." I shrugged. "Okay, don't be gone too long." She said in that one mom voice that everyone dreaded. She eyed me warily.

"I won't." I gave her a warm smile and turned to the door.

"And by the way, don't worry about spending your own money, here is ten dollars. Knock yourself out, honey. I love you!" My mom gestured me to come over to her. "I love you too, mom," I groaned. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and headed out the door.

Since Starbucks was around a fifteen-minute bike ride away from my home, I rode my bike there. I arrived at Starbucks about 20 minutes later because it was warm, causing me to be slower. Once I arrived, I chained my bike and I walked into Starbucks. I ordered a frappuccino, and I shortly got my Frap, so I paid. When I was looking around for a seat, I saw one of my random friends, so I walked over to her.

"Hey Jen, can I sit with you??" I stood in front of her petite frame. "Sure. Anyway, how has your summer been?"

Jen was a good friend of mine although she wasn't one of my closest friends. She has long ginger hair and pale skin. Jen was also on the shorter side but was very, very, skinny. When a person would first meet Jen, she would appear kind of shy, but if you got the chance to know her, she wasn't shy at all.

We started to catch up with each other and I told her about my current situation, cause I felt like I was able to trust her. I didn't drink much of my Frap since I was talking so much. As we were talking, Jeremiah and Samantha walked in, holding hands and all. The joy! And they just happened to spot me and Jen. They also thought it would be a good idea to sit by us at the same table. Jen and I were sitting across from each other, and that gave Jeremiah no choice but to sit by me with Samantha sitting across from him.