Chapter 7 | Back To School Bleh

It is that lovely time of the year again, back to school. It was the night before school amd my mom takes school very seriously. She bought both my brother and me lunchables for lunch. She made us set out our clothes for the whole week. She also packed our bookbag for both of us and gave us a little gift bag for each teacher.

The tiny gift bag consisted of Hershey kisses, number 2 pencils, 2 flavored coffee packs in each bag, and a mini pack of tissues. My Mom does all of this every year, even though it is ridiculous. She can be a little extra the night before school starts.

"CAMERON!!! ADA!!! GET IN BED!!!"

"But Mooooom, it's only 9."

"Fine, CAMERON!!! GO TO BED."

"Okay Mom." Cameron frowned and went into his room.

"You have until 10 to be awake, and then you need to go to sleep."

"I guess that works."

"Good Night, remember, 10 o'clock."

"Okay Mom."

I walked upstairs to my bedroom and grabbed a book and read for about an hour. Before I knew it, it was 10 and I was drifting off into dream land.

Timeskip to the morning

I could hear the faint beep of my alarm. I slapped the alarm in in annoyance and closed my eyes again. Two minutes later, my mom came into the room and shook me slightly with her gentle touch and told me to wake up in a calming voice.

"Wake up sweety it's time to get ready for school, it is 6 am."

"Wait, why am I awake so early."

"Because it's the first day of school."

"OHHH, I GOTTA GET READY!!"

"Remember, we need to be in the car at 6:45."

"Okaaay."

45 Minutes Later...

"Okay, you are both in the car. Do you guys have all of your stuff???"

"Yeeees Mooom" Cam and I looked at each other since we said it at the same time.

"You guys don't seem the happiest."

"Well duh, it's the first day of school."
Cameron voice then cracked.

"Awww, my baby brother is going through puuuuberty."

"AM NOT!!!" Cameron then made a pouty face and rolled his eyes.

I arrived at the drop off for school and my mom blew me a kiss goodbye. Here goes my second year of high school, I thought to myself. I hope I don't have classes with Jeremiah, or else it could get awkward. I checked my schedule and walked into the building.

My first class was chemistry but I have it every day since it is a shortened class period. After chemistry, I had German 2, and then art with lunch half way through class. Lastly, I have Calculus. Tomorrow I have chem again, gym, and U.S. history with lunch in the middle, and english. My first class starts at 7:20 but I was there at 7 so I went to my class early.

I walked into chemistry to see a middle aged woman, who had orange, long, curly, hair and was wearing a purple blouse. She was a shorter lady who was petite looking. There were desks that were long enough to fit 2 people so I chose the desk in the right corner in the back. I looked around and noticed that I was the only person in class.