eϟpilogue

this is the last chapter so don't forget to leave some feedback! (:

tw: smut

14.2.2021, Future

"Stop cheating." Michael pouted and threw a tile with a letter on it into his fiancé's face.

Luke chuckled and picked up the letter. "I'm not cheating, I'm just extra smart, remember?"

Michael shook his head and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I let you win at poker you should let me win Scrabble sometimes."

Meanwhile, when Michael was complaining Luke picked up and put away the board game.

"Babe this was the second time we ever played Scrabble while we played poker for more than a hundred times and I won once."

The younger man stood up from his chair and sat down next to the love of his life on the sofa. Michael was still trying to pout and ignore Luke but the man was like a cat. He squeezed his head under Michael's arm and placed it on his lap.

"Don't be mad at me. Love me instead."

Michael shook his head and smiled widely, making Luke incredibly happy.

"I love you, you know that?" Luke said and bumped Michael's nose.

Michael nodded and buried his fingers into Luke's hair, gently massaging his scalp. "I know."

"Okay," Luke replied. "Then stop hiding things from me."

"What things-" Michael wanted to argue but quickly realized there was no point in hiding anything from Luke. He wanted to tell him anyway, he's just been waiting for the perfect moment.

"We leave Australia in a couple of days..."

"Yeah. We still need to get the tickets and everything-"

Michael pressed his palm against Luke's mouth to shush him down. Luke shot Michael a warning look, they've talked about Michael shushing him down like this since it happened often enough.

"I like it here." Michael continued where Luke cut him off. He then removed his hand from Luke's face and patiently waited for the reply. As smart as Luke was he often didn't understand what Michael was trying to say.

When the message got to his brain Luke quickly repositioned himself so he was sitting next to Michael. "Are you sure?"

Ever since Michael got out of jail the couple has been on the road traveling and waiting to find something that feels like home.

Michael nodded. "I like the weather. I like how it's completely different from where we lived before. I feel free here and it's a good feeling." The pair grabbed each other's hands and Michael kissed the ring on Luke's finger.

"But if you don't feel like settling down here we can get away from here and maybe come back in a few years on vacation or something."

Luke smiled and pressed a kiss to Michael's temple. "I already told you. I want you and I want the sun."

The smile on Michael's face was Luke's air and Michael's kisses were his water. He needed both to survive.