3ϟ0

big thanks to fxckyouimpunkrock ; lifewithoutcare ; pastelpunkmuke for taking the time and commenting on the last chapter. all the love. ♡

18.11.2021, Future

"I'm gonna miss you, man. Who'll be here to mess with the poker games in here now that you'll leave?"

Michael chuckled but hugged Ashton anyway. He couldn't wait to get out of this hellhole and kiss the fuck of his boyfriend but he'll miss his cellmate.

"I'm pretty sure you'll find other ways to scam people around here."

"If I'll ever hear someone disrespect your name I'll make it up to them somehow."

Michael shook his head. He knew Ashton would do that even if he'd be told against it. The conman who's going to be in here for another two years instantly became Michael's best friend. He was the most annoying but understanding person and a decent patch for Michael's aching heart when he missed his boy.

The days from Luke's leave to when Michael got to leave were horribly long and the two days per week he got to see Luke were too far apart but too short when they did come.

"You know you could at least pretend that you're going to miss me."

Michael hugged Ashton again. "Stop being stupid. Of course, I'll miss you."

"You know when I get out we could get into business together you know? With all of that money you've got laying around I could help you double or triple it."

"I love you man, but it'd be stupid to get into any sorts of business with you. You learned me that yourself. Never trust a conman."

"That's fine. But I'll call you when I get out okay? I know you won't be around to visit but maybe once I'm out we could meet up?"

Michael collected his belongings and passed Ashton a piece of paper on which he wrote down his number and address and Calum's phone number. "Of course. If you won't be able to reach me on either of my contacts, call Calum. You never know where me and lover boy will be."

Ashton took the piece of paper and stored it neatly into one of his books. "Did you change any of the plans?"

Michael shrugged his shoulders. "A billion times in the past few months since Luke got out. It was all we talked about so we had a little fight over it in one of his lasts visits so I told him he can decide what are we going to do. Whatever he wants, I want. He's my only family left and as long as I'm next to him I'll be fine."

"Stop it you." Ashton pretended to wipe away imaginary tears. "Hey, the guards are here for you."

Michael took a deep breath and looked around the cell that's been his home for the past three years.

"You gonna miss it?"

"No. I'll take the good memories with me but I'll have plenty of time to make new ones."

Michael and Ashton hugged again and Michael left the cell into which he had zero wish to return.

ϟ