1ϟ0

tw: cancer

27.2.2017, 381 Days before

"Where are we going?" Luke asked.

It was their last day off and the younger man wanted to spend it in bed with his boyfriend. They've been officially together for about a week and Luke felt complete. He felt like he finally belonged somewhere or to someone. At first flirty and rude casino employee turned his world around and Luke didn't mind. Even being a month or so late with his life learning plan he balanced it all with improving his skills in bed.

"First I'm going to show you something. Personal life as promised. Then your stepparents are expecting us over for dinner." Michael recited and kept his eyes on the road while Luke was playing with his hand.

"When did this happen?"

"I got your stepmom's number off your phone and called her."

"Mikey you don't have to meet them.."

Michael squeezed Luke's hand. "I want to. I'm serious about this Luke, about us. I don't want to screw this up, I won't."

"I'll miss you so much the next week." Luke pouted and looked out of the window. He was off work the next week as the World Series of Poker finale was going down and only workers with three plus years of experience were needed. Which meant not Luke and yes Michael. It also meant Michael had to stay at the hotel for the whole week.

"You can send me some pictures and I'll believe you," Michael smirked.

Luke smiled back. "Only if you'll send some."

"Deal."

After another twenty minutes of driving, they finally stopped and parked in a big parking house. Michael opened the door for him and when Luke stepped out of the car he noticed where they were.

Michael took his hand and started almost dragging him towards the entrance.

Why were they at the hospital? Michael wasn't sick, was he? Luke did think about it when Michael said he was keeping something from him but Luke was smart. He would have noticed any symptoms, he read more books around medicine topics than all the rest combined.

"Mikey, why are we here?"

"You'll see."

They entered the building and Luke kept his body glue to Michael's. The couple took the elevator to a higher floor where an older lady working at the reception immediately recognized Michael.

"Hi, Michael. What are you doing here so early, she'll still be asleep you know?"

"Hello, Ruby. I know, we can still go and see her right?"

The woman nodded and asked for Luke's name before passing them a paper that they both needed to sign.

Michael took Luke's hand again.

The younger man had troubles with breathing. Something needed to be wrong for them to be at the hospital.

They made their way down the hall and went into one of the rooms.