Happy Birthday

**Your P

**Your P.O.V.**
I fix my top before opening the front door of the Gallagher's house, a bottle of booze in one hand and a bag of weed in the other.

I smile to myself as I hear the music blare and familiar faces soon appear.

"(Y/N)," Fiona says smiling.

"Hey guys," I yell back setting the whiskey on the table, quickly scanning the room for the my best friend, and the birthday boy Lip.

I spot him leaning up against the frame of the kitchen entry a bottle of soda in one hand and a cigarette dangling from his mouth.

We lock eyes and I watch as the frown that he once possessed turn into a large grin.

I walk over, and throw my arms around him.

"Happy birthday Lip," I say hugging him tightly.

"Thank you," He says squeezing me back. As we pull apart I smile and hand him the bag of his favorite green stuff.

He smirks, "wow you know me so well."

I roll my eyes, "it's not like we've been friends for over a decade or anything."

He laughs, "Wanna come help me smoke this?"

"I thought you'd never ask," I laugh following him up to his bedroom.

I flop down on his bed as he pulls out his grinder and rolling papers carefully making us one of the many blunts that were going to be shared tonight.

-

After about an hour and a half of an ounce of weed later, Lip and I are stoned off our asses casually talking and laughing, like we've done for many birthdays before this.

Lip and I met on the playground at school, him sticking up for me when one of the 6th grade boys pushed me down for not playing tag with them. We were only in fourth grade at the time, and the boy was much bigger than him, but he fought him regardless.

After he scared the bully away, he helped me up and told me that he wasn't going to let them push me again, and he kept him promise a full 12 years and counting.

Lip and I have always had a rocky friendship, but what he didn't know is that I was hopelessly in love with him. As cliche as it sounds it was true.

There wasn't a moment that I wasn't thinking of him, and while I felt such strong feelings for him I was almost positive he didn't feel the same considering the numerous girls he normally kept around him. I knew how fickle Lip was when it came to relationships, and so I swallowed my feelings not wanting to ruin a perfectly good friendship.

Most times when I was with him I was able to calm the butterflies pretty well, but on nights like these, the ones where we're just talking and laughing and being genuinely happy, were nights that I couldn't help but feel and overwhelming amount of love towards him.

"So," He says interrupting me from my thoughts, "I should probably pass out soon, but you know you're more than welcome to stay."

"Okay, yeah, sounds good." I say sitting up. He gets up and throws me one of his large T-shirt's. I quickly shed my pants and my bra and slip on his shirt before climbing into his bed like many nights before.

This wasn't a new thing for Lip and I. After being friends for 12 years you become comfortable around people and thing that you'd normally be mortified to do around someone, just become normal things. It was nice being so open with him, especially considering he was one of the few people I truly felt like myself around. He just brought out the best in me.

Lip sheds everything except his boxers and climbs in next to me, putting his arm around my waist.

He smiles and looks down at me, and for once he looked genuinely happy.

"I'm assuming that smiles means that you had a good birthday." I tell him.

"The best yet, except there's one thing that I wanted, but didn't get,"

"And that is?" I question.

"You," he whispers before a pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

My body freezes before kissing him back hard, electricity shooting through my body.

We pull away out of breath, his classic smirk plastered on his lips.

"Happy birthday Phillip Ronan Gallagher. I love you so much."

"I love you too (Y/N)," He says before pulling me into another long kiss.

-
-
-
AN: AYEEE. It's my baby boy's 27th birthday. He's quite literally one of my favorite actors and really changed my whole opinion on blondes because wowie is he hella sexy. He's far from my type (physically) but there was just something about the way he portrays Lip that has me hooked. Anyway happy birthday Jeremy. I hope this year is absolutely Shameless 😝.

P.S. Soda Pop pt2 coming soon!

See you soon!

Xoxo-Sydney ❤️