5. Mondays Ain't My Lucky Day

a/n: A gif of Hannah at the🔝

******

Luckily, Mr Gomez hadn't yet arrived when we stepped into the classroom. I let out a disapointed sigh as I peered over Hannah's shoulder and noticed the room was already crowded. Keeping my eyes on Hannah's back to avoid the thirty or so pair of eyes that turned to catch a glimpse of 'the new girl', I followed as she made her way between the full rows of seats towards the back of the class.

I was grateful that she found me likeable. If there was something worse than enduring History, was enduring it while you were sitting all alone while people around you judged every breath you took.

"Lucky us he's always late." Whispered Hannah as we took our seats.

"The story of my life. When I arrive on time the professor never does." I said with a hint of sarcasm to brighten the mood.

She chuckled, but muffled it with a cough when Mr. Gomez walked in and a hush fell over the previosly noisy room.

"Good morning," He said, looking over the students,"I hope you're full of energy to begin the year because I already have a proyect waiting for you before you leave this class..."

Well there goes my previously perfect day.

"Wanna be my parner in crime?" Whispered Hannah by my side.

Did I have a choice? She was the only girl I knew and she seemed pretty nice. I wasn't planning to pair with any of the other girls who were throwing dagers at me.

"Sure. If you promise the crime involves Mr Gomez, I'm game."

"Oh, believe me baby," She said raising her brows as a mischevious smile spread over her features,"It would be a killer project."

I couldn't help but smile back. I had the feeling we would be real good partners in crime.

The unmistakable sound of a late arrival tore my gaze away from Hannah and towards the classroom door.

There, holding a bag over his shoulder stood asshole Ryan in all his glory. Seriously though, how could he look so good on a Monday morning? It seemed like he had just gotten out of a magazine, with his dark blonde hair sticking sexily in all directions and his confident stance as he surveyed the room for an empty seat.

Immediately, I noticed the flirty smiles on the girls faces and their fake giggles as they begun to whisper to one another. It didn't take much to figure out who was the topic of their conversations.

If he noticed all eyes were trained on him, he didn't give a damn. How could he stand so much attention? I would have already bolted down the hall.

"Late on the first day Evans?" Mr. Gomez voice broke me out of my trance and I flushed a bit as I realized that I'd been staring.

"Sorry, I got held up." He replied courtly as he took a few steps into the classroom.

The professor nodded at him and signaled with his hand toward the class."Sure. I hope this thing doesen't turn into a habit or else you'll have a difficult time trying to upgrade your GPA." He said, looking at him over his glasses as he leaned forward on his desk.

Ryan nodded as he made his way to the back of the class and my heart made a leap when I realized he had to walk past my desk.

I combed my fingers through my hair self conciously.

What the hell?

Since when did I care what he thought of me? He was an ass. I didn't care. I didn't.