The letter

You woke up late in the afternoon. It was a busy night last night so the only thing you cared about was sleep. You stretched along with a loud yawn before getting up from the heavily blanketed bed, then walking towards the dresser across from you.

You opened the top drawer and scrambled clothes over, pulling out a tan button up top and black trousers. You set the folded cloths for the day on the bed before heading for the bathroom to clean up.

Finally dressed and hair brushed.
You were gonna sit down on your couch but a knock at the door distracted you from your current thought.

You walked to the door and opened it revealing the mail man. His red curls sticking out of his cap.

"Hey Josh, What do you have for me today",you asked.

Josh smiled at you and pulled an envelope with a red wax stamp out of his bag and handed it to you.

"Well you got a letter! But that's about it. See ya around Ms. (L/N)"

Josh waved to you goodbye and you did the same before going back inside. You looked at the letter. It was old and worn out. As if it sat in one spot for decades. Ink splotches speckled the yellow letter. Opening it, you were greeted with a note. For your dad.

"Dear Henry,
It seems like a lifetime since we worked on cartoons together. Thirty years really slip away, doesn't it.
If you're back in town, come visit the old workshop. There's something I need to show you.
Your best pal-Joey Drew"

You tilted your head a little and read it again.The letter was probably sent to the wrong address cause you moved out of your dads house two years ago.
So you decided to go to your rotary phone dial that was in the kitchen.
After dialing your father, you waited for him to pick up. After a few rings he greeted you.

"Hey Dad",you said with optimistic in your tone.

"Hey Dear! What you up too?",Henry replies.

You looked at the letter in your hand and then went to explain.

"Oh nothing, but I got a letter just now and I think it was meant to be sent to your address. It was sent by someone by the name Joey Drew? "

There was a slight pause between the two of you before Henry spoke again.

"Oh, Joey. He was an old pal of mine back at the studio. What does it say?"

You looked at the letter in your hand and read it aloud to him.

"Hm, well I'm a little busy at the moment so could you go for me? And tell Joey that I sent you there, Kay (Y/N)?"

You nodded willingly at your fathers request.

"Yes I will! I've always wanted to meet the one and only Mr. Drew. Bye Dad, love you"

Henry said goodbye back and you both hung up. You folded the piece of paper and sat it on your kitchen counter. You then grabbed your car keys and walked out the door and locked it.

The sun outside was bright,and more flowers we're in bloom. It was a good day to get out. You walked across your lawn to the Chevrolet. As you got in you took a deep breath before shoving the keys into the ignition and driving off.