His face was nothing but shocked. "W-what?"

"Let go of me Adam!" I yelled, yanking my hand out of his grip. I calmed down and fell back into the monotonous numb feeling like before and calmly walked to the back door of the house. When I put my hand on the door knob, I turned around and faced Adam one last time but didn't look into his pleading eyes. No, I looked at his shoulder. The shoulder I used to cry on. The shoulder I rested my head on so many times. Now, just a shoulder. "I hope she was worth it." I whispered before leaving out the back door. My feet didn't touch the sand before I started running.

I ran as fast as I could down the beach but I had no idea where I was going. I just ran. I ran until I came up to the pier. I ran up the stairs and all the way down the cement until I came to the end where the metal bars stopped me from running anymore. Luckily, the sun was completely gone and the only thing lighting the beach was the moon and the occasional light posts surrounding the pier.

The numb was gone and a wave of emotions flooded over me.

Sadness, of course.

Stupidity. I've never felt so stupid. How could I not see it coming? I know everything! I can I not see something like this? How could I be so stupid to believe that somebody could like me like that? That I was good enough to be in a relationship? How could I be so stupid?

Naive. I had to believe that he wouldn't hurt me, that he loved me. He was different than stereotypical guys. He wasn't who Luke thought he was. He wasn't going to hurt me, he was a great guy.  I actually believed that.

Alone. I couldn't talk to Luke or Ariana because they were on a date and I wasn't going to bother them. Allison is already going through her own breakup, besides, I still don't know where she stands. Jack? I don't even know him. I'm completely alone.

Outcast. Of course I can't be normal and have a normal boyfriend who actually cares about me. I'm a freak. A freak that nobody could ever love without getting tired of me. What was I thinking?

When all of this washed over me like a tidal wave, I grasped the top metal bar with all of my strength and screamed. My knees gave out and I crouched down. The only thing helping me not collapse to the ground was my solid grasp on the metal bar. But I screamed with all of my might. I screamed as loud as I ever have before. It let out a lot of built up emotions, but in the end, it just made my throat soar.

When I couldn't bear the pain in my lungs anymore, my scream fell into ugly sobs. I finally collapsed against the bars and curled up in a ball as I continued to cry... and cry...

... and cry.

I replayed our month together. The smiling, the laughing, the kissing, the hugging, the hand holding, the dates. It was all a joke. This whole relationship was a joke. 

I am a joke.

And that was my last thought before I cried myself to sleep on the cool concrete.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ARIANA'S POV

I woke up to yelling downstairs. I let out a groan and looked over to the clock beside me, it was only four and I've only been asleep for half an hour. I sighed and slipped out of the bed, careful not to wake Luke up. I slipped on one of his shirts and went into my room to slip on a pair of shorts. The zipper on my suitcase got caught as I was trying to open it, but I finally unzipped it and pulled out the shorts before slipping them over my body.

When I was coming back out, Luke was standing in the hallway wearing the same jean shorts from last night. He must have just put them on because... well he wasn't wearing them last night. 

A shirt was in his hands. "You scared me." He said groggily. "I thought you ran off."

I chuckled and wrapped him into a hug. "I'm sorry. I had to go get a pair of shorts and the zipper got caught." I kissed his cheek then whispered. "And I will never run off."

He smiled, kissed my cheek then looked at me confused. "What's with all the yelling?"

I shrugged. "That's why I woke up."

We both made our way downstairs into the kitchen where Jack was yelling into a phone, Adam was pacing back and forth, practically ripping his hair out, and the three tri-whores were sitting at the dinner table. Allison looked genuinly worried but Brooke and Amber just looked half asleep.

On instinct, I ran over to Adam. "Adam, what's wrong?" I asked, wrapping him in a hug.

"Twenty four hours my ass! Get somebody over here!" Jack yelled, slamming the phone onto the counter.

"Ari, I'm so sorry." Adam whispered. "I didn't mean for this to happen. Shit, I ruined everything. I'm so sorry, Ari."

"What happened? Where's Lindsay?" Luke asked, joining me by Adam and Jack.

"Luke." Allison said softly, standing to her feet and walking over to us. "Lindsay's missing."

___________________________________________________

So... thoughs?

I know it's short, but there are a few reasons why, so hear me out:

1.) It's my second upload today.

2.) I wanted a good cliff hanger ;)

3.) A lot is already going on in this chapter, even though it's short. I didn't want to make it too complicated.

I'll have another chapter up tomorrow :D

Love you all :P