Chapter 21 - Without Mercy

Sitting at the front of the carriage's exterior, the carriage driver grips the horse reins tightly in his grip. The man is frozen with fear, and he breaks into a cold sweat as he stares at Ramiro and Ahrahk standing before the carriage. The pair of horses connected to the carriage neigh and step in place with anxiety.

From inside the carriage, Noroth beats on the interior of the carriage and exclaims, "Driver, let us make haste and flee the Temple!"

There is no response from the carriage driver. There is only silence.

Noroth beats again on the carriage interior and exclaims, "I will not repeat myself again! Driver, take us away now!"

The driver seeing the two warriors before the carriage begins to panic and loses focus of his duty to the high priest. He looks to the ceiling of the temple and shakily prays, "Father Cazzayus, forgive me for what I am about to do."

With those words, the driver jumps from the carriage and begins to frantically run toward the columns of the temple. Noroth feels the motion of the carriage and looks out the carriage windows.

He catches a glimpse of the carriage driver fleeing. Disappointed, Noroth says to himself, "Such cowardice. You are not fit to serve the Temple."

Noroth then shifts his attention to the front of the carriage. Looking through a netted window along the front of the carriage, he can see his only son standing before Ramiro. Both his son and the Conqueror are glowing in an aura of magic.

Observing closely at the aura surrounding Ramiro, Noroth questions to himself, "How in the world did you get such power? Last I remember, we put you on a deathbed. Now, you have returned stronger than anyone could ever imagine. I fear my son will be no match for you, Conqueror."

Outside the carriage, Ramiro stands tall. He is muscular in form, and he grips the Sword of Meirotzia tightly with his right hand, holding it off to the side. With his left hand, he presents an open palm to Ahrahk. While motioning Ahrahk to advance, Ramiro says to his foe, "Approach me, Supreme Temple Guardian. I am eager to see the true power of the Supreme Six."

Ahrahk lets out a battle cry as he pounds his glowing fists together. He screams out, "Behold, the power of misery!"

With those words, he dashes towards Ramiro with blinding speed. He throws a fierce punch at Ramiro, but Ramiro is able to quickly shift his body weight and dodge the blow. Ahrahk follows up with another fierce punch, and Ramiro also dodges the blow.

The Supreme Temple Guardian releases a barrage of fierce punches, but Ramiro dodges every single one. Ahrahk attempts to throw another one of his punches at Ramiro, but this time, Ramiro catches the punch. A loud booming sound rings through the temple as if lightning had just broken against rock.

Ahrahk is thrown off his focus and feels a sense of panic ensue within his being. Ramiro tightly grips the fist of the Supreme Temple Guardian and slowly begins to crush the fist with his mighty grip. Ahrahk screams in pain and is forced to fall to his knees.

Ramiro utters, "Pathetic."

With those words, Ramiro drives a mighty front kick into Ahrahk's chest and sends him flying directly back towards the carriage behind him. Ahrahk lands hard on the yoke that spans between the pair of horses, cracking the wood it is made of. The Supreme Temple Guardian struggles lift himself up as he feels like his chest had been caved in and back had just been broken.

As Ahrahk opens his eyes, he sees Ramiro jumping down onto him with the blade of his sword. In that moment, Ahrahk is able to turn his body slightly, just missing the blade. Ramiro's blade slices through the wooden yoke that restrained the horses. In that same moment, an energy projection is released from the blade that continues to slice through the entire carriage.