Chapter 16 - Sword of Meroitza

Ever since the day of its creation, Mount Meirotzia never had the honor of a mortal man step foot onto its hallowed floors. Never before had a mortal man from the surface of the earth ascended the peak of the mountain of mountains to receive its truth... never before, until this day.

Suffering from severe wounds from his duel with the dragon of Meirotzia, Ramiro stands victorious against his foe. Ramiro has a reputation across all the lands of the earth as being a conqueror of both kings and kingdoms alike, and today, reputation of Ramiro the Conqueror has spread to the very peak of Mount Meirotzia.

Ramiro takes his foot off the head of the fallen dragon and places it on the floor of the mountain courtyard alongside his other foot. His breath is heavy, and his legs struggle to keep himself standing on his own to feet. Ramiro looks toward the center the courtyard at the mysterious sword floating in mid air above the floor, glowing in a magical radiance and surrounded by a beautiful spectrum of light.

As he makes his way, he cannot help but stumble slightly as a result of his battle wounds. He persists towards the sword. He thinks back at the nights when he spoke with the beggar and when he spoke with Chadwick. Ramiro believes that this sword is the key to him being reunited with his beloved, Esmeralda.

All of a sudden, Ramiro hears a familiar sound break the monotonous howling of the wind outside the mountain courtyard. He hears the sound of a man speaking. Surprised, he looks all around, left and right, and his eyes find a peculiar looking fellow strolling about on the far end of the courtyard near one of the columns.

Ramiro stands still for a moment, and he utters to himself, "Where did this man come from? And how has he made his way up to the mountain's peak?"

Completely confused, Ramiro begins to walk towards this peculiar fellow. With each step, he stares at the man and observes his actions. This quaint looking fellow paces back and forth. He wears exquisite garments of an interesting decor. Upon his head rests a pointed cap, and even this cap is exquisite as it is characteristic of gold stitching in the most intricate of designs. The fellow, on his back, carries a large woven basket with several scrolls within.

Ramiro can see this odd looking fellow holding a large scroll in his hands, unrolled in his left hand. The scroll is so large that the fellow must use his forearm to help support the scroll. With his right hand, he holds a feathered quill as his writing instrument. Ramiro watches as the man continually shifts from staring at the floor of the mountain courtyard, out at the clouds beyond the columns, and at the unrolled scroll before him. He appears to write down on the scroll but pauses before actually placing ink on paper as if he does not have anything in mind to write.

The fellow then brings up the feathered quill and pats his head with the feathered portion in hopes to summon some sort of creative inspiration. He speaks to himself, "Come on then... How do I word this... I am a scribe, writing should be easy for me."

This scribe stops his trod and stands still for a moment. He then glances over at Ramiro and stares at the warrior for quite some time. After a few moments of staring, the scribe lets out a babble, "Ah ha! I think I've got it. I shall start by..."

He does not utter a single word more and lets his quill down close to the scroll. Staring intensely at the blank canvas of the scroll, his eyes begin to glow with a divine magic. Within moments, the ink hits the canvas, and the scribe begins to write in what appears to be some kind of ancient script.

Simultaneously as the feathered quill is stroked across the canvas surface of the scroll, it too emits the same magical energy. A trail of magical essence is released into the air around it. With each stroke of this magical pen, the ink left over on the canvas of the scroll shines with the same kind of glow as in the scribe's eyes.