Day 2:

Location: A small house in the open fields of Kansas.

Rodney was 12 years old when his father left to join the army. He's now fourteen, and he's in high school now; but he's not sure whether or not to do sports, or how to ask a girl to homecoming, because his fathers not around to tell him how. Ever since his dad left, Rodney's been writing to him very night. But not once has he responded back. For two year now, Rodney has been without father to look up to for guidance and advice. Even though she didn't believe it, Annie told him his father would come home eventually.

"You have to have faith in your father, Rodney. Because we haven't gotten a letter in the mail saying your father was killed in action, we can still have hope he will return home unharmed.... He's out there, Rodney. Somewhere."

Annie didn't know what to think of Miles. She hadn't seen or heard from him in two years and it worried her till the point where she became sick, for a long time.

But on November 2, 2029, Annie and Rodney received a letter in the mail labeled:

I.F. AKA The International Fleet

From: Lieutenant General (LTG) Miles L. Watson

To: Annie and Rodney Watson

Location: 439 Grant Street, Russell, KS.

As Annie read the letter out loud, tears of joy ran down both of their faces. She took a pause and looked up at Rodney.

"He's alive." She told him.

Later on that night, the two of them sat down and together, wrote a letter back to Miles Watson:

To: Miles Watson

From: Annie and Rodney Watson

Location: Military Base 6, Manhattan, New York

Dear Miles,

So you are alive. Where do I begin, its been years. Well, I guess I'll start with questions: What have you been doing for the past two years? Why didn't you respond to any of our letters? Is there anything we should know about the Arganians that we don't already know? Miles, there's so much to tell, so much to say. We love you Miles, with all our hearts. Your son has become an educated, responsible young man. He's fourteen years old, and he misses his father greatly. We both wish you could come home, but we understand that the world is at war and you have to stay. If only there was something we could do to stop it, I would do anything if it meant our family could become one again. But as for right now, I'm just happy to know that you're alive. Please write back, your son needs his fathers wisdom in this part of his life. I need it too, Miles.

Love, Annie and Rodney Watson.
P.S. Bobby Allen says hello.