Day 8:

Location: What's left of The Empire State Building

Miles watched the sun come up that morning. His migraine was finally gone. So was the huge scrape across his chest. He stood by the broken window. Wondering what Annie was doing this morning. His eyes, looking out at the ghost town's sad little tale, had lost their color. Washed out like green chalk on a gray pavement after rain. He thought about what the future held for him and his family. When he goes home, if he goes home, he won't be the same person he was going into the war. Would he ever smile again? Would he ever laugh? Would he ever sleep again? These were the questions rolling around in Miles Watson's brain. Changing his mindset, gazing over the depris of their battlegrounds, which was right smack in the middle of Manhattan, Miles wondered how him and his friends were going to get out of this one.

"Miles, what are you doing? Get away from the windows." said Logan.

Miles sat back down on the ground.

"Sorry."

"Why don't we get everybody up. Head back over there to see what's going on, see if they're are any survivors or not."

"We're not going back, Logan."

"Miles, we need to see if there is anybody still alive over there."

"Anybody left was either abducted or killed by now."

Tim rolls over on the floor, then opens his eyes and slowly pulls himself up off the cold hard tile.

"Morning, losers." he says.

"Morning, Tim." Miles responded.

"Tim, I think we should go. What do you think?" Logan said.

"What do you mean?" Tim got up and started walking around.

"He thinks it'll be a good idea to go back and see if there are any of our men left."
Miles explained.

"Well I don't know, Logan. There's a chance that the Ratbacks could've took over there like at base 7."

"What do you mean took over?"

"Logan, they invaded the base. Took everybody out and then took over everything we built. Made it their own. Now its like a concentration camp for all the people they found who were still alive or something." said Tim.

"Concentration Camp.... They're torturing our men and women?"

"Honestly nobody knows what's going on over there. Nobody's heard from or been over there for a year now. Anybody who's been over there joined whatever it is their working on."

"How come you didn't hear about this, Logan?" asked Miles.

"I don't know, I guess I don't pay attention much. Usually I just take boring orders from y'all." he complains.

"Somebody wake up Johnny." said Tim.

Johnny was still sound asleep curled up over in a dark corner. Snoring like an animal. Logan woke him up.

"What do you think we should do now, Johnny? Go back over there, or get the hell out of here and worn the others?" Miles said.

"Wait, what time is it?" Johnny said looking up at Logan.

Logan looked back at Tim and Miles.

"It's 6:37" said Miles.

"Oh geez. Ok, well we ain't going back for one." said Johnny, standing up.

"Why not?" asked Logan.

"Its too dangerous, that's why. Now why don't we grab everything and get the hell out of here. The ratbacks are probably going to expand their search for people like us who got away, I mean if they're looking for us. The base is literally right over there." he points to his right, "We'll head east. Tim, you still got that map of our bases?"