Trust

Everyone stays quiet for a moment or two, trying to regain peace and calm. Minho then announces if it is okay with me - and Tegan - that he doesn't do an afternoon of maze running. I of course says yeah it's fine and Tegan does a jittery nod. I walk over to her again and just let her have a cry into me, she's barely making noise. I just rock her. Everyone is looking from Tegan to Gally to Tegan; not a hundred per cent sunk in. Frypan speaks up and says he's got to do the dishes and Gally says he'll help then he's going for a walk. Chuck says he's going to meet up with Max to find out if there is anything he can do. Chuck I have to say is very helpful and a strong-willed kid.

"I gotta go slice. Will you be alright Tegan? Newt, Thomas, Minho, look after my best friend please." Winston says and asks.

"You know we will, bye Winston." Tommy answers.

"Hey guys, urh, thin walls." Clint says gently walking in slowly with him and Jeff's hand's intertwined.

"Okay." Tegan says, wiping her eye's, "I'm going for a jog."

"Can I come?" Minho questions gently.

"If it's alright, but no. I need to be alone." Tegan says very quietly into my chest.

"Hey, hey," I soothe, "I'm sorry I wasn't there."

"You were in the bloody Glade so don't be sorry." Tegan says voice raised slightly but I just melt as she used the word bloody.

"Tegan I love you." Tommy says sweetly.

Tegan now hugs him tightly and then just shivers. She says I love you back and runs out of the room with a frown on her face. I'm left with a silent Tommy, Minho, Clint and Jeff. Tommy starts to well up and me and Minho go up to and sit either side, me on his right and Minho on the left. Jeff and Clint come stand in front of him but with a slight distance obviously so he doesn't feel trapped.

"Hey, Tommy. What's up?" I say kindly.

"I'm-I'm worried about Te-Te-Tegan. We're all mess-ssed up people bu-but Tegan even more so. She openly admits that." Tommy says.

"We all are bro." Jeff says.

"But she's stronger than she looks - we all know that, even if we don't have our memories but in the Glade she's proved it." Minho points out.

"I know." Tommy wipes his eye's, "I still do though."

"We know, we do too. Now, Minho, Frypan nor Winston has mentioned us two when they told us all their memories," Clint says nodding sideways to Jeff, "But me and Jeff has gotten close to Tegan since she's given herself the med-jack job when she's not running other than mealtimes too." Clint continues.

"Not tomorrow but the day after remember she'll be gone all day - we're checking out that griever the little badass killed single-handed." Minho smiles.

Tommy takes a double take, "What?! She did it by herself?!" Tommy exclaims.

"Yeah, she got it angry and made it chased after her down a closing passage. Tegan jumped out in the time but the griever didn't."

"Clever lass." Clint says.

"You didn't believe that she could do it Thomas?" Minho asks Tommy.

"No, I do believe she did it and is capable I just didn't know she did it this time."

We all sit in a silence for a moment or two.

"Anyway, I know you guys have patients including ol' Tommy here so we'll leave you in peace won't we Minho?" I say.

Minho nods and we walk out Tommy's quaint room and out into the Glade where the sun is beating down at the perfect angle in the Glade which it does at miday.

"Hey, you wanna chat for a bit Newt as we don't get to talk much other than meals?" Minho says with a hopeful laugh - bless him.

It's true, we don't really chat until mealtimes, that's it. Minho and me talk for hours, (Minho and Tegan has the rest of the day off running). We see Tegan from time to time: jogging, getting her food and going to her tent, walking into the forest with Gally-WALKING INTO THE FOREST WITH GALLY?!

"Newton, chill. Remember what happened last time?" Minho says wisely.

I do: we had a row. We weren't even officially back together and it killed me. I trust her, I don't believe she would anything wrong like that. I trust Gally too; like Minho he is one of my oldest, (surviving), friend's. We next see Tegan sprinting out of the forest towards me and Minho who's just lounging on the grass. I don't think she's going to stop...

"Oof!" I puff out as Tegan has just jumped on me though careful of my bad leg, "What was that for?" I ask the girl who's just layed on top of me.

Minho is smirking and looking constipatet-ohhhhh, he is trying to hold back a sassy remark.

"You - trusting me then. Me and Gally were just talking more about Eloise and Hope. I thought for a moment you were going to send Minho jogging round the area."

"I almost did," I start truthfully, "But I remembered what happened last time."

Tegan nods several time vigorously and then kisses me with such a force I almost fall back again. We stay doing this for a while even though Minho has been making gagging noises for the last five minutes.

"I am not allowed to make out with my girlfriend?" I say not looking at Minho but tucking a strand or two behind Tegan's ear.

Tegan blushes and nuzzles her head in my neck, her soft locks of hair tickling me. Minho smirks.

"I know bro. I want one." Minho jokes.

I see a beetle blade flying away and I chuckle.

"Minho the beetle blade saw that." Tegan comments.

"Oh klunk. Ah, they won't do it." He laughs, "I'm a free spirit, I don't want any commitment. No offense to you two." He smiles and I chuckle.

"God, I love your chuckle." Tegan whispers into my ear, "Newt I'm going to go see Thomas kay?"

I nod and she leaps up and runs away.

"Min stop looking at her arse while she runs!"

"Heard that!" Tegan yells turning around running backwards.

The competition didn't feet much coverage but I'll do the cover as I had an avid interest from MockingjayRunner so you were the closest so you win. Contact me for what details you need to tell me. As for others readers - silent or not - I'm happy to do dedications and shoutouts as long as you'd willingly do the same.

Anyway, so for the late update. Don't worry I'll still update this Friday, (tomorrow). I'm in my final year and I've got my first exam on the 15th of May. YAAYYYYYY. #Sarcasm.