Sleepover

Newt's POV

"Guys I need to go." Tegan mutters darkly, we're all confused as to why.

"Why?" Minho asks her.

"She's on her period." Winston says loudly, not meaning too.

"Win! Not that loud." She whisper-yells.

"Alby! Come here please?" I say as Tegan shuffles away quickly.

"Alby, Tegan needs a separate toilet with a bath and shower." I say reasonably.

"I agree with you. I'll get Gally on it." He says, "Gally!" He beckons the lad.

"Tommy, we'll be alright. Trust me." I say to him as he's staring into the distance.

Tegan's POV

After I've finished changing my pad I request a sanitary bin and bin bags. The dirty pad I chucked onto the pile for the next fire. I go to wash my hands after and I do it.

"Zart? Where's Alby?" I question the Keeper of the track-hoes.

"With Minho in the map room I think."

I say ta and I walk into the forest. I discover I have no idea where it is but then I hear the two lads voices'.

"Lads! Oi!" I yell after the pair.

"Yes, princess?" Minho smirks at me. I playfully punch his arm and ask why he calls me that; "Because you're the only girl. You are queen of the Glade. But friends of your's nicknamed you princess." He responds, and I nod and turn my attention to Alby.

"Alby, can me, Chuck and Winston have a sleepover?" Alby smiles and nods, "Yay!" I scream in delight, Minho smirks at me.

I run out of the cool, dense forest to find Winston. Who's in the slaughterhouse, slaughtering. I'm glad I didn't have to try out this part of the job when I was trying slicers.

"No offense, Win, I don't mind blood but I do not want to kill pigs as my career here at the Glade." I say making a sarcastic joke.

He jumps but at least he doesn't cut himself.

"Jeez Tegan. Made me jump." He gasps, clutching his chest.

I just laugh.

"Win. Alby says you and Chuck are allowed a sleepover in my tent!" He grins a mile wide.

"TEGAN ALBY JUST TOLD ME!" Chuck screams as he runs into the slaughterhouse and he jumps at me and I catch him with ease.

He's totally unfazed by the dead pig on the floor with half it's body ripped off.

"Guys? Just let me finish off this one then I'll meet you at your tent Tegan." Winston chuckles, pointing his knife to the bloody mass on the floor.

Me and Chuck squeal and I put him down and we race to my tent. When Winston arrive we have the funniest time. We start off playing baby one baby two baby three. We play charades and then we start dancing randomly. I swing my hair around and around. Chuck does the air guitar. Winston does the splits and robots. Then Chuck attempts the splits and he faceplants. We all burst out into hysterics. We laugh with Chuck not at him don't worry.

"So Winston, you got a crush?" I ask him, nudging his knee as we're all sat crossed-legged on the tent floor, cooling down from our mad dance session.

"Um, yeah actually. He's called Ricky. He's a slicer like me."

"Yeah, I know him. When I was in the Medi-hut trying being a Med-jack and I was watching Jeff bandage him."

Chuck awwws and ohhhs. We talk more about Ricky and Winston then it's my turn to be interrogated concerning love and what not.

"So, you and Newt?" Chuck giggles giddily as he says this.

"What about me and him?" I ask.

"You two technically never stopped dating-"

"I know, I think we are still, but we are taking it slow." I say sadly.

"What's up princess?" Win questions me.

"I-I don't want to take it slow. Well, not too fast but you get me. I love him so much it hurts. I can say so much more but it is hard to physically put how much I love him into words." I say quietly.

Chuck crawls onto my lap and gives me a tight and quick hug then crawls off and goes back to his space.

"Tell him." Win says earnestly.

"Now's not the time."

"When will be the time Tegan? I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. Tell him. It's obvious he loves you." Chuck says wisely, then giggles, "Anyway, tomorrow is a Sunday. That means them requests will come."

"What are you requesting you two?" I ask lightly to change the mood.

"For everyone? Sharper knives and machetes. Our's are so blunt. But for me? Pictures of you and me and Thomas and Newt since we grew up together."

"I want a teddy bear!" Chuck squeals excitedly, "For everyone else I want pillows and quilts for the hammocks."

"Oh, well, my request for everyone is better medical stuff for more serious injuries."

After this I talk about memories from being at WICKED together. Chuck seems aghast at how soppy he was. Chuck may be ten but he's not an innocent little guy. He has seen horrors that no human being would ever want to imagine. Chuck is opinionated and can make a sailor blush in Glade swearing if he so wishes. He's tough and pulls his weight still. But he's still broken and messed up like the rest of us. But he wishes he had a childhood before WICKED. At least me and the others had part of one or a childhood, (maybe not all our teenage years); but still.

"Let's go stargazing." I suggest.

Winston runs off saying he'll get a torch while me and Chuck have a ten minute nap curled up on my bed. All three of us stargaze for two hours I'm guessing. Chuck getting sleepy after a half hour and falling asleep for the rest. Me and Winston have a grown up talk and discuss about all the horrible things we had to endure at WICKED. Chuck then stirs and is right as rain, raring to go. Winston runs off for another torch while I stay with Chuck, telling him about the good times at WICKED. They were few but it was our friendship stories. I told him two big ones by the time slender and lean Winston returns. I go off and change my pad again and request something that will clip my long hair up when changing. I wash my hands in the right places and walk back to cheerful Chuck and warm Winston. We all then wonder back to my tent and we talk and dance and laugh and climb trees and play and race until it's early in the morning. It's pitch black, so it's only just morning. Winston suggests bunking down so Winston takes of his brick-red three-quarter sleeved t-shirt. (His bloody black boots- and I'm not exaggerating they have all sorts of blood on them - were left outside my tent and were never brought in which I'm very happy about). Chuck takes of his jacket and socks. I take off my black skinny jeans and t-shirt. Chuck's a kid and not a hormonal teen and Winston is gay so I'm perfectly comfortable.