Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Elsa

I stand still on the center of the dance floor, Anna shivering right next to me, I hold her hand, which stops her from shaking.

“Ready?”

I ask, she gives me a curt nod.

“Okay, let’s do this.”

I announce, as Anna puts on her blindfold.

And I put on mine.

Everything goes black, and no my senses were not heighted, that only works in movies. I only hear the sound of girls’ high heels clicking on the ground as they walk towards me.

“Hello.”

A familiar voice says, along with an accent. I immediately recognize that, Merida.

“Hi.”

I reply. As the music starts, I hear more clicking… must be men’s shoes.

“There you are,”

A voice says, Jack.

“It took so long to find you.”

I jokes, I smile. As he puts something in my hands.

It was a bit wet, sharp… it was a rose.

I feel the warmth of his breathing, as my vision returns.

“Shall we dance?”

He whispers into my ear, I lean closer to his ear.

“Yes.”

I whisper back. As we head to the dance floor.

Tonight was the most amazing night I’ve ever had.

Several months later…

“Jack,”

I say, my lower lip shaking.

“Yeah?”

He lifts his head.

“What’s going on?”

He asks, knowing what I’m going to say.

“Okay, I’m going to be going somewhere… for a really long time.”

He hesitates, staring straight into my eyes.

“You see, I got a scholarship to a big college… and I going to be gone for a long time.”

He pauses and thinks about it for a while.

“How long, exactly?”

He asks, shifting closer to me.

“About... a year, maybe.”

I reply. He sighs.

“Well, better leave now before you’re late.”

He desperately tried to sound happy, not that he isn’t.

“Okay.”

I answer, I don’t bother kissing him goodbye. It would just make him even sadder. So I get in my car and take off. I see him waving goodbye through the window, my car has tinted windows. He wouldn’t know if I was waving, so I didn’t.

I got to the plane, it was exactly 3:27, just a few for minutes for me to get the tickets, and get into the plane for departure.

All the lights in the plane start to blink, as the attendants announce that the plane will be taking off any minute now. I look at the digital clock by the door of the cockpit, 4:56. My flight to New York would take hours. The plane takes off, with my mind rotating around one thing.

Do you think Anna or Jack would change when I get back? That usually happens in movies… the girl has to go abroad, and when she gets back, her boyfriend has already found another that he knows won’t leave him.

“This sucks, and doesn’t at the same time.”

I grunt, closing the light above me and falling asleep.