Chapter 13

*This is also one of my favorite chapters*

-------

After everyone had gone to bed I walked out of the bathroom and quietly made my way to the attic door so I could get to the roof, I recently was searching around the house and found the attic lead up to the roof, when I got up to the roof I walked to the very end of the roof that overlooked the forest. I sat down at the end, letting my legs dangling off as I thought about how 'great' my life was going.

I was forced to move away from my best friends which led one of them to commit suicide, I moved here and tonight Cole's sister committed suicide out in the woods because of me. Everything is my fault.

I watched as the wind blew the trees moving them slightly to the left, helping the leaves fall to quietly be blown away from all their problems. I wish I could be a leaf and be blown away from all the worries and problems the world throws at me.

"Hey," A voice said behind me slightly muffled by the wind.

I looked over my shoulder to see Levi standing there, his blonde hair was a complete mess and his blue eyes sparkled. He still wore his clothes from today since he must have fallen asleep after I walked out.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked turning my head back around to stare at the sea of trees.

"I woke up when I heard footsteps outside of your room, I walked out and saw you walking up in your attic, so I followed you. I thought you came up here to do something else, but once I saw you sit down I calmed down and climbed the rest of the way up here." He said walking over to me

"I brought you this since you might be cold" He continued as he sat next to me and handing me a black and red fleece blanket that he was using.

"Thanks," I said glancing up at him

"Why did you come up here?"

"I don't know, just to think I guess," I said quietly as I stared out into the sea of trees. "To think about all the decisions I've made in life, all the mistakes I've made and all the lives I've taken"

"Skye, none of what happened today is your fault. I promise you that"

"Yes it was" I argued looking at him."I never would I have moved Thomas would still be alive and so would Ally. No one would have died today"

"Skye, it's ok. I promise" He said hugging me.

"Not while everyone in the world hates me," I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

"No one hates you"

"Yes they do"

"Skye, listen to me. No one hates you, no one's mad at you everyone loves you. So be happy" He said putting two hands on my shoulders and making me face him

"Levi-"

"Skye. Trust me, it's not your fault" He said looking into my dark brown eyes.

"I don't know what to feel to anymore," I said looking back into the woods that just a few hours later a friend committed suicide.

"You don't have to feel anything if you don't want to," He said looking away

As soon as he said that I felt my heart start to race and I knew we weren't talking about the same thing anymore. I slowly looked back up at him and seen him looking out into the distance like I was a few seconds ago. I slowly leaned over and kiss his cheek lightly, and noticed a small blush forming on his cheeks.

"Just because I'm hurting doesn't mean I don't feel anything"

I stood up and walked back inside thinking about what I just did. When I got down the ladder that leads out of the attic I couldn't hold my tears back anymore and I felt them start pouring down, so I immediately ran back into the bathroom. I closed and locked the door so I was now looking into the mirror at my reflection. My brown hair was messy, brown eyes were puffy, and new and old tears were rolling down my cheeks. I turned on the cold water, filled my hands up and quickly splashed my face hoping to help with the stains of tears.

As I brought my head up to look in the mirror I noticed a pure black figure standing behind me, just as I noticed it the smell of lilacs and roses appeared. I stood frozen unable to move from fear. Everything suddenly started to get blurry and disoriented, then everything went black