Chapter 3

*A week later*

"Come on Skye get up! Levi and Hunter are here!" My brother Jack said shaking me awake.

"But sleep" I mumbled rolling over onto my stomach.

"Fine then, let dad deal with you," He said while leaving the room

I rolled onto my back and pulled the covers off instantly getting goosebumps. I stood up, walked over to my small closet and picked out a dark blue top with a black heart on it that said If it ain't broke, a maroon jacket, white jeans, and navy converse. When I had put it all on I walked into the bathroom and straightened my brown hair, but as I was doing this I heard something creak behind me, making me turn around to see that nothing was there other than the light cream colored paint that covered the walls. I quickly finished and then went downstairs to see everyone talking.

"Hey Skye," Levi said smiling at me, his blue eyes shining with happiness.

"Hey," I said already feeling as if I've known them for my whole life

"Be safe!" My mom yelled out of the kitchen as I grabbed my bag and headed out the door with them.

The moment I walked outside I smiled, I already loved the cool weather of Connecticut. We walked down the long sidewalk talking about the school until I noticed a huge path covered by twigs, dead leaves, and roots.

"Hey, what's down there?" I asked curiously, stopping in my tracks

"Oh, nothing important, come on let's get to school" Hunter replied quickly as if trying to avoid the answer

"No, come on it can't be that bad".

"Skye, you won't believe us, and even if you did, you'd want to go see it and I am not going down there" Hunter continued

"Tell me!" I demanded getting annoyed

"Let one of the other kids tell you," Hunter said walking ahead of me and Levi.

"Ok, fine," I said as we walked the rest of the way to school in silence.

West Haven High School was a small as there was only a few amount of kids in this town. The outside was white and had a huge picture of the mascot on it which was a grey wolf. Not many people were walking in or out of the school either meaning we were either late or there just wasn't that many people. When we walked inside I saw that the school had a bunch of trophies and a lot of people. As we walked to the right we came across the junior classrooms and lockers.

"Have you gotten your schedule yet?" Levi asked breaking the weird silence as we walked to my locker

"Yeah, it's right here," I said handing it to him

"That sucks. We don't have any classes together" He said handing it back to me

"Really?"

"Yeah, good luck. You're going to need it" He said walking off to his locker Hunter following behind him.

As I began to put the combination into my locker I jumped when I heard a voice behind me

"Are you the new girl?" A male voice asked

"Bilbrey, you don't just ask that!" A girl yelled

I turned around to see a girl with long brown braided hair, and brown eyes. She wore a black hat, a flowy white flower top, converse, and jeans and had a bunch of art supplies in her hands. Then there was a guy standing next to her wearing a school hoodie, jeans, and black running shoes and had light brown hair and blue eyes.