Chapter Eighteen

Two blocks away from the reservation and we pull up to a small two swing, one slide park that only the native kids play at. We shut off the van lights so no one would be able to see us coming.  I was nervous. For the very second time in my life, I was nervous to go on a run. Maybe it was the thought of getting my kid for the very first time. Being able to hold my young kid in my arms, feeding, bathing, and put my offspring to bed. I felt my body to heat up. I was sweating and Kevin could tell.

"You alright man?" I breath in deeply then exhale. I really wasn't okay but I couldn't tell him that.

"Yeah, just all this is getting to me, man. I'm just stressed. He nods, he can't understand and either can anyone else understand my problem.

"What are you gonna do about Kat when you see her?"

"I love Kat, I always have. Fuck. I still love her, man. And I thought long an hard about this choice I am making. But what she put me through is selfish. She needs to realize her sins," I look at him. Now I was full of rage and anger. My body was filling up more with heat. "I'll fight for my kid. I will show how much of an unfit parent she is. Then I'll take my kid back home, here, with me and all of you. She will have her kid ripped away from her arms from me. No one can stop me, Kevin. Once she tried to look for the baby she gave birth to, I will go back and kill her. She will no longer need to worry about anything anymore. And my child will not remember the only parent they ever knew." I heard him gulp.

"If that's what you want.." He looks away.

"When we get back. I need you to do a very important thing for me, Kevin."

"What is it?"

"Get a hold of Trevor. I wanna chat with him before I see Kat." I jump out of the car with my pistol in my right hand. Holding a small grip on it. Everyone else got out of the vans except Kevin and the other rider. I look at Dee. He smiles and walks up to me.

"Listen.. I don't know why you are doing this and I don't care enough because all I want is my blood that I can raise. I just want to say," I put my free hand on his shoulder looking at him. "Thank you.. I know you can get into a lot of trouble if anyone found out. But if there is anything anyone of us can do for you, please, holler. We owe you now. You have my number. I won't forget this, Dee." I saw his face slowly rise. Soon enough I saw his pearly whites.

"Neil, you know even though we have not talked in forever I will always be here for you too. Not your club, but you.  Most importantly, I want your kid to have a family. Something I never really had growing up. You out of all people should know that." We looked at each other for a moment. No one, other than Dee and me knew what was doing to happen. I could feel everyone's tension.  But everyone just relaxed when we hugged. I patted his back a couple of times and pulled away to look at him. He knew I was thankful for this and I didn't have to say it again. I felt like if I said it again, I wouldn't be able to stop.

He finally took the lead and started to walk through the park, the rest of us followed without any questions. We tried to make our footsteps soft, trying little to step on twigs and branches. Before we knew it I could see the building that Jesse was in. My heart was pounding.

"Ready?" I nod my head to Dee. He handed me a key into the building and it had more keys on this key chain. "This key if for Jesse's room. Do NOT us any other key. Everyone is asleep  on the other side of the reservation and no one guards this building, ever since you moved we had no need too. " I look back up smiling a little and then we hug once more. "I know..But I gotta go Neil. Go get your family." He walked away, soon enough I couldn't see him any longer.

I turn around facing everyone I lead. They were all supportive of me. Not this what I am making them do right now but in general. I smile and look down at the keys that help my future. "Alright then boys. Lets go."

We all jogged slowly, being as quiet as we can. Half of us went one way and the other half drifted the other way. My group stuck to the side of the building like we were glued there. I peeked my head around the front of the corner. It was pretty dark out by this time. And it was making this hard, I could only see the lanterns next to the doors of the buildings. But before I turn back to my boys I notice a shadow coming from a far. I kneel down, waiting, watching. It took more than 5 minutes since the man stopped in front of the building around the walkway. He was smoking a cigarette. Damn how I wish I could be smoking on right now.

I look back at my boys. They were waiting for me to do something. What could I have done? This was taking way too long to begin with. I finally made a choice. I stand straight and take a deep breath before making my move. I take my pistol out from my back waist band.

"Neil, I thought you said no guns?"

"We can make an exception, can't we?" They all nodded. I knew they didn't mean it but it had to happen anyways.

I turn around the corner getting ready to shoot an innocent man. I felt guilty about doing it. But I was relieved once I saw Dee walking in the opposite position with the stranger. God, what would we do without him right now. I would have blood on my hands once again.