Chapter Thirty-Eight

"Let's go inside," His voice was soft as if nothing was going to happen. I knew it was a tactic Neil would do to me. I knew damn well if I stepped inside I wouldn't leave. I shook my head as I raised my hands to the man's chest as he was approaching me. "I wasn't asking." He grabbed my wrists and held them together.

"Please," A gentle tear rolled down my cheek as I begged. "I have a son." A devilish smirk crept on him as if he was the joker.

"I know sweet thing, why you think we are here?" I felt my heart sank in to the bottom of my stomach. How did he know?

"Who is we?" My voice shook.

"Don't cry baby. We ain't gonna touch the boy." He held tighter onto my wrist and leaned in, I closed my eyes in fear. I felt his lips glide along my cheek just to get to my ear and whisper, "I'm Jesse. I'm here for you, baby doll." Shivers ran down my back at his touch and sick nicknames he was calling me. I could hear him fiddling with the door behind me. "I have a surprise for your sexy ass. Let's go."

I shook my head while crying soft. I tried pulling away but his grip was so tight on my wrists as if I was wearing handcuffs. He dragged me through the kitchen into the living room. I froze as I saw Josh on his knees in the middle on the floor. His hands were tied behind his back and his mouth had a T-shirt wrapped on it. I could see the fear in his eyes as he watched me being dragged. He kept trying to talk even with something in his mouth. He never gave up.

"Trevor?" I whisper as I see him behind Josh. He was leaning against the wall. His arms was crossed as he watched me struggle. I saw the sorrow practically falling from his face. "I don't understand?" I shook my head and closed my eyes tight, hoping all of this was just a realistic nightmare.

"I'm so sorry, Kat." His eyes held back tears.

"Come here," Jesse pulled me next to Josh, he placed me on my knees and let go of my wrists. "Now, be a good lil girl and stay put." He smirked as I watched him get close to my ear again. "I wanted to tie you up but the boys here wouldn't let me. I'd love to see a sweet thing like yourself be so vulnerable and at my disposal-"

"Leave her alone." A stern voice came from the hallway leading to the bedrooms.

I felt like my heart exploded the second he walked into our view. He was wearing jeans, a plain t-shirt with a flannel over it. He was wearing a pair of leather gloves as he was holding a brown box and a black vest in his hands.

He crouched down in front of me, his eyes were as dark as his demeanor, "Did you miss me?" He whispered. His breath smelled minty but at the same time like cigarettes. I stayed quiet. He smiled and stood back up. "Josh, buddy." I kept my eyes on him as he opened the brown box. "Still packing, I see." He let out a tiny chuckle as he shuffled through the other random stuff in the box. Once he was done, his attention was on the black vest from what left like a million years ago. "Still trying to represent something you ran from? Now, how is that fair for those who stayed?" Josh stayed completely still.

"Trevor, please! Don't let him do this.." I beg to Trevor as he stood there silent.

"Trevor is with me. Hey, baby. I ain't done nothing yet. Just relax." As my attention was brought back to him. He was checking the clasp of Josh's old pistol. He smiled and aimed it at Josh.

"Neil!" I whimper. It must've struck a nerve. He closed his eyes and sighed. I cried for his attention. "Please don't."

"Stand up." He whispered as he looked down at his feet. My legs felt like jello and I don't even know if I was capable of doing such a simple task. Jesse grabbed my bicep and yanked me up. Neil took a deep breath before approaching me. He was inches away from me, I could feel his anger. "Where. Is. My. Kid." I shook my head. He bit his lip, watching my expression.

Without hesitation his hand was wrapped around my throat tight. I moved just as fast as he did, I tried to push him off me but his weight was almost twice mine. I placed my hand on his wrist. Josh was being held down my Jesse. All I could hear was him crying out.

"He's not yours.." I whisper while making eye contact. "Josh is the dad."

Neil smirked, "Bullshit. Where is he?"

"Neil, please." His grip tightened. My breathing was getting shallow and soon enough both of my hands were trying so hard to rip him from his hold on me.

"Where is he?!" I close my eyes tight as I could hear Josh saying no repeatedly. His hold on me never broke. "You willing to die to kept him from me?" He whispered in my face. I could feel myself changing color. Even if I wanted to answer, I didn't have the strength.

"Neil! Let go!" My vision was going black right before I felt the release of his grip. I fell to the floor hard and couldn't stop coughing for air.

"Back off or you are next!" Neil yelled to Trevor, who I assumed pushed him off me.

As I was laying on the floor, I held my throat from the pain. I felt warm tears still falling, I opened my eyes trying to bring my vision back. I saw Neil stand over me. "Hey!" He slapped me lightly in the face for my attention. "Make this easy for yourself." Again, silence. He rolled his eyes and faced Jesse. "Take him in the back. I wanna chat alone with her." He pulled Jesse in to him and whispered something I couldn't hear in his ear.

Neil pulled me up from the ground and tossed me on the couch. I whimper in pain from nearly being strangled to death. I curled up in the corner of the couch as I watched them drag  Josh to the back, I can only assume to the master bedroom. Once they were completely out of site and we heard the door shut, Neil looked me up and down.

"Kat.."