34

"Phase one is complete," Nikolai smirks at the gathered council. "It has taken even less time than I thought it would."

"Are you sure that they are completely broken?" Ivan demands looking at his son.

"There have been no further contacts made to Casey for assistance. If there are any further hunters then they are completely isolated. Vampires will be able to patrol and do in depth searches in their areas. But that is neither here nor there. The hunters even when they are brought in, it's a relief. They are happy to even become part of the breeding program. They are starving. Phase one is complete." Nikolai states unequivocally.

"Very well, accepted. Speaking of which, I was wondering if I might be allowed another pet?" Ivan asks before going onto the next stage of the plan.

"Look them over, if you see one that you want we'll talk." Nikolai says not really paying much attention to his father.

Ivan goes to speak but when he catches Natalia looking at him he decides to hold back and let Nikolai continue with the meeting.

"Zarin, how goes phase two?"

"Almost complete. There are a few holdouts, but most of the witches and warlocks have already accepted me as their leader. Making this official didn't really change much. I should have the holdouts dealt with by the end of the week."

"If you don't let me know and I'll send vampires in to deal with it." Nikolai says still distracted.

"Yes, Nikolai." Zarin isn't happy about Nikolai giving him an ultimatum, but at the same time there are things that Nikolai has to have in place before the last phase can start. Nikolai has been working towards phase three for a very, very long time now. To be so close and be unable to set in motion the final phase must be near to driving him crazy.

"Knock it off Nikolai, Zarin isn't an enemy. Tell people what's going on, don't snap at them for something that isn't their fault." Natalia says irritably. The baby is definitely growing. She shifts trying to find a more comfortable position.

Nikolai gives Natalia a dirty look until he realizes that she is uncomfortable. Then he's quick to offer his aid by rubbing her back. "Apologies, Zarin. I'm sure you have everything under control. Someone somehow has managed to leak the planned takeover to the right people in various government intelligence agencies. House cleanings are being prepared and I have to act within a certain time constraint or lose decades, centuries of planning and preparations or do it the bloody way."

"The witches will be dealt with before the end of the week." Zarin assures Nikolai. Now that he knows what is going on he will personally make sure all rebellious witches will be dealt with summarily. He sighs, "There is one last pocket of resistance, I had hoped to get them to change their minds, but send in your vamps and it can be done with by tomorrow."

"Thank you. Let Sebastian know their location and a group of vamps will deal with it tonight." Nikolai says relieved and Zarin nods his head.

Only Nikolai can deal with phase three. He's the only one that knows which vampires are there and where there is. Ivan doesn't have a clue, he'd intentionally made sure that he didn't. This is Nikolai's baby and he didn't want to take any of it away from him.

"If it all goes well with the witches tomorrow night then the day after phase three will commence and if that goes well, vampires will be ruling the world by the weekend."

They all give optimistic smiles but they've all lived long enough to know that all never goes good all the way through.

Natalia gets sick just thinking of every thing that could go wrong. The world will burn if this doesn't go right. Dead will remain in the streets unburied. Millions could possibly die which would affect the vampires no matter how much they'd like to believe otherwise.

Natalia isn't the only one with a nauseas stomach.

As the members of the council file out of the study only Natalia, Nikolai and Ivan remain. Nikolai looks up at his father as he comes to stand before him. "Yes, Ivan, what is it?"

"I know which hunter I'd like for a pet."

This makes Nikolai look at Ivan and raise an eyebrow. "That was quick."

"I have seen her around several times. It was just recently that I found out that she is actually an unattached pet and not part of the formal breeding program."

"Ivan, get to the point."

"I was the one chosen to get her pregnant. I found that I rather like her and would like for her to become mine."

"You were never a part of the breeding program Ivan." Natalia says but there is a flavor of curiosity to her words.

Ivan looks down and if he'd had sufficient blood he'd be red. "I got bored so I put in as a volunteer and was accepted."

Nikolai snorts. Of course Ivan would be accepted, children of ancient vampires are strong children.

"Ivan, you spent a thousand years making sure that you have no other children so that there would be no issues with Nikolai."

Natalia's words make Ivan burn. "I know, but since Nikolai and you are now ruling that particular problem no longer is. I have my little bitch increasing as well."

His words make them both look at him incredulously. "I'm going to be a brother?"

Ivan bites his lower lip nervously before answering, "Yes. She's expecting twins and the bitch I want is also expecting now."

"Well, I have to say, Ivan, once you decide on a course of action you don't waste any time." Natalia says once she's able to speak once more. "Just one thing, is it really necessary to call them bitches? They are females and human, not canine."

Ivan closes his eyes and takes the rebuke. "I'm still dealing with my hatred of humans and hunters in particular. Please, take no offense at the term."

"Have you called them bitches to their face?" Nikolai asks curious.

"Yes. My pet was shattered and wouldn't even look at me after that unless I ordered her to. The one I wish refused to talk to me again. I wish to make amends, but I don't know how."

Nikolai smirks, "Well if you can get the bitch to accept you then she's yours. You'll need to mark her within the next twenty-four hours though."

"Thank you, Nikolai." Ivan turns beseeching eyes to Natalia, "Will you help me?"
Natalia shrugs, "Go to them and apologize. Let them know that you don't mean anything by the term, you've just hated humans for so long that it slips out. You don't feel that way about them, but can't promise it won't slip out again because you aren't perfect. Then once they look to you tell them you are sorry once more then go to leave. Make sure you let the one you want know that you wanted to make her your pet, but if she isn't willing then you'll pick another one. She'll likely forgive you then, if she doesn't then she's not likely to forgive you. You'll need to pick another hunter female."

"Thank you, Natalia." Ivan is rather dubious about this advice, but since he has nothing better decides to follow it.

Much to his surprise it works better than he'd hoped for. He gives his bitch the gift he'd gotten her and she completely forgives him. The new female he wants preferred becoming his pet to being whored out to whoever was deemed worthy to fuck her. She quickly forgave him. She too loved the gift he gave her.

She also loved being marked by him.