28

The illusion continues as first the hunters are dealt with, then the witches and finally the humans. 

Nikolai's plan for the human takeover had gone flawlessly. Mostly because the vampires are absolutely terrified of their new king now.

The streets run with the blood of not just humans, the witches and even vampires have been foolish enough to stand in Nikolai's way.

Armies of hundreds, thousands and more had been arrayed against him. None of it had mattered. The human army was left in pieces, the weapons made useless and smoking. Cities in ruins from their discharge as they tried to kill the king vampire. In the end none of the weapons had touched him or even come close.

The witches and warlocks that had defied Zarin and Nikolai had fared little better. Between Zarin and Alexandria they were able to hold off the magic attacks until Nikolai was able to have his vampires take down enough of them that the others surrendered exhausted and unable to continue the fight. Nikolai gives them to his loyal vampires. 

By the end of the day there isn't a living witch or warlock that wasn't loyal to Zarin. If the witches had children they were found and bound to Nikolai or killed.

As for the rogue vampires well they didn't last long at all. Left without allies or places of safety they were easily hunted down by their own and killed for sport. Nikolai didn't even bother coming out to play.

In every scene there was death and destruction. Cities left in ruins. Dead left unburied to rot in the sun. 

The world burned as fires raged unchecked or controlled since there was no one to man the fire engines.

The illusion ends and Natalia wipes the tears away.

"Are you convinced that I'm more than happy that you survived your turning?" Ivan demands from his daughter.

"Y-yes," Natalia replies then swallows before she could continue.

"That is what would have happened if I hadn't survived?" Natalia demands of Nikolai.

Nikolai shrugs, "More or less, something like that." He's unconcerned that there had been millions left dead and unburied.

"You're an idiot, Nikolai," Natalia says angrily.

"Never said I wasn't, but please, don't be so disrespectful love." Nikolai shrugs once more.

"Knock it off, both of you." Ivan says irritably, he wants to finish this up and return to his room.

"Your pet can wait, Ivan." Natalia says without thinking.

Instead of getting angry though, Ivan laughs. "Oh, you definitely found your match in her, Nikolai."

Nikolai had stiffened at her words to Ivan. "Yeah, I did."

"Quiet!" Ivan demands and all noise cease. By this time the hunter pet's are all but hyperventilating at everything they've seen. They are feeling damn lucky that both Natalia and Samantha survived the turning. Had they known about the children they would be even more thankful about that.

"Thank you." Ivan says once everyone stops talking. "Before the hunters came and fucked things up my son got himself married finally. Natalia makes a lovely princess, but it's time for both Nikolai and Natalia to be more than prince and princess. At this point forward, Nikolai is king and Natalia queen of the vampire nation.

"All Hail to King Nikolai! All Hail to Queen Natalia!" Ivan leads the cheering by kneeling to Nikolai and Natalia and placing his hand on his heart.