8

"Samantha, go get an overnight bag. You'll be staying with Sebastian tonight," Nikolai tells her.

"Okay," Samantha smiles at Sebastian and Nikolai. This time she is skipping as she goes inside.

"Sex is fine, but no blood Sebastian. I drank rather deep from her last night. She needs more time to heal." He looks at Sebastian, "She'll also need healing. You can do that right?"

"Yes," Sebastian says with exasperation. He's been able to heal for nearly two hundred years. "You don't mind me giving her my blood?"

Nikolai shrugs, "She won't mind having sex with you so no. Just don't plan on making it a common thing."

"I won't, Nikolai. When do you want her back?"

"Tomorrow afternoon will be fine. Make sure she calls into work."

"I will. Why don't you just have her work for you? If she is your secretary then you could have lunch at the office."

"Perhaps I will. I have to think about it." Nikolai says and helps Natalia out of the car.

"You're making Samantha have sex with Sebastian?" Natalia demands once they are in the building.

"No, there is no rape with vampires, Natalia. She'll be more than willing before Sebastian takes her. But it doesn't matter, Samantha wants Sebastian. I've been watching her, she would have been sharing her bed before now if Sebastian hadn't respected me and kept his hands off."

By now they are at the apartment. "Samantha, he's not to drink from you, understand? If he does you tell me. You are always to tell me if anyone drinks without permission." Nikolai makes that an order. Now she won't be made to forget if someone drinks from her without permission.

"Okay, Nikolai."

"Samantha, you'll be missing work again tomorrow. How would you like to work for me?"

"Really? At your corporate headquarters?"

"Yes, you'd be my secretary." Nikolai says kissing her neck softly, gently until he gets to her sweet spot. Then he bites her. After a couple of swallows he lets her go.

"I'd like that, Nikolai. Would you be drinking from me there too?" Samantha asks breathless.

"Yes, would that be a problem?"

"It hasn't been one yet." Samantha says smiling at him.

Nikolai smirks, "There won't be office sex. Just feeding."

Samantha pouts then grabs her bag and waves goodbye.

"What about me, Nikolai?" Natalia isn't jealous but she is hurt that Nikolai wants Samantha to work for him.

"You can work for me if you insist, but I'd rather not have you work once we are married. But if you wish you can be my Personal Assistant." Nikolai kisses her neck until he finds the artery he wants. He takes more than a mouthful.

"With you, there would be office sex though, you are a big distraction." Nikolai says showing her just how much of a distraction she'd be.

"Drink, Natalia." Nikolai holds his wrist to her mouth and Natalia takes a drink unable to resist the order he'd given.

"It burns, Nikolai." Natalia says.

"I know baby, you want me to take the pain away?"

"Yes," Natalia whimpers unable to get anything more out.

Nikolai proceeds to make love to her and in a short time she lies exhausted on the bed.

"How do you feel? Does it still burn?"

Natalia looks at him with heavy lidded eyes, "No, I feel pretty damn good now. Just what the hell happened, Nikolai?"

"Vampire blood heals, but a side effect is it also acts as an aphrodisiac for most people. It will burn in your blood until you are satisfied by sex."

"You could use with holding sex after feeding someone your blood as a punishment. It's excruciatingly painful."

"I could, but then there's a good chance that you'd die. If it's mistimed it will kill a human. I'm not willing to put yours or Samantha's life on the line even should it be necessary to punish you. Especially not you."

"I won't want to be punished either. What would the punishment be?"

"Whipping. It's rather brutal, even vampires are permanently damaged when it's done." Nikolai says caressing her arm before kissing her where his finger had been.

"Nikolai, have you ever been married before?"

Nikolai sits back and sighs. "No. I was set to be married the day after my father turned me. After he made me a vampire I couldn't marry her. I had to watch the woman I love and who was carrying my child marry my best friend. I had to watch my best friend raise my child." There is pain in his voice, more than Natalia had expected.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Nikolai I shouldn't have brought it up."

"No, it's alright. You should know. You should know why I am considered the prince of the vampires and my father the king."

"Life back then has been romanticized. Nothing was easy, nothing was given for free. Some people were fortunate to have good land to work, others weren't so fortunate. In Russia the serfs had it hard. My village wasn't as effected, our lord forgot about us as often as not.

"My father had a decent field, but we were on the outskirts of the village. We were isolated, but that never bothered us. 
"Back then, vampires were a reality of life, not just the stuff of stories and legends. We've worked hard to make the change. It's much easier if you have idiots volunteer to be your meal.

 "Things were relatively normal and happy for our little family. My parents tried to have another child for years, but were never able to. Then when I was about six my mother found herself pregnant. For that time period my mother was getting a little too old to be having children, but she was thrilled to finally be able to give my father another child. They were both hoping for a girl child.

"Then came the night that she gave birth. Something went wrong. In today's world they likely would have been able to save her and my sister, but back then...they both died.

"I didn't understand, I was lost and confused. I just knew my loving mother was no longer there and I missed her so much.

"But it was much harder for dad. He started drinking, at first it wasn't so bad. But as the years wore on it became worse. Then one night when I was about nine, he never came home."

"What-"

"His vampire maker found him and made him a vampire. But I didn't know that at the time, no one did. He just disappeared.

"The farmer next to us didn't have a family and so he took me in. We worked the fields of both farms together. He died when I was fourteen, leaving me with both farms.

"I was alone, but for the village, a wealthy person.

"The village had several unmarried girls but there was only ever one that I was interested in.  Anna short for Anastasia, was a blue eyed, blond haired beauty. For some reason she returned my interest. 

"She was pregnant with my child by sixteen. We were to be wed. I was never happier than at that time. She had a way of making people smile or laugh when she did, no matter how down you are to begin with.

"Then my father came to the house and killed me."