11

Nikolai is frustrated. Ever since Natalia found out that she is pregnant she has been distant to him. He had no idea that she would take it this hard. It was too much to hope for after everything else she took in stride.

"Nikolai, I have Monday afternoon free for lunch." Ivan says without preamble once Nikolai picks up the phone.

"Very well father, do you have a preference of where you want to eat?"

"Yes and what, but that won't be happening." Nikolai swallows heavily. His father still wants to drink from his females. "Let your lovely mate choose the place and make the arrangements."

"Yes, father. I'll call you back as soon as she tells me." Nikolai says and ends the call, his father had already done so.

He takes a deep breath. He'd told Natalia about needing to eat with his father but now he's not sure how she'll react. He just hopes that she won't flip out too much.

"Natalia, father would like to have lunch with you and Samantha on Monday. Where would you like to eat?" Natalia has had little to say to him about anything and has taken a decided lack of interest in the wedding at this point.

"You decide, just like everything else." Her voice is devoid of emotion. She has been devoid of emotion. Not even Samantha's normal optimism is able to help at this time.

"He has specifically requested that you make the decision. Where would you like to eat on Monday?" Nikolai asks and this time makes her respond.

"It doesn't matter what I want." Not the response he was looking for.

Nikolai shuts his eyes tight trying to hold his temper in check. "Do you want me to abort the child?"

Not even that gets a response from her. She's slipping away from him, he can feel it. He's starting to get desperate.

"Do it if that is what you wish." No emotion. He can't tell what she wants anymore.

"What the hell do you want, Natalia!? Tell me how to fix this because I'm trying and it seems that all I'm doing is making it worse." Nikolai wants to pull his hair out. Samantha is cowering away from him, trying to make him forget that she is in the same room. Nikolai had returned her memories to her the previous night and she remembers an angry Nikolai from them. It terrifies her to no end.

"It doesn't matter what I want, does it? Unless I'm a vampire, my wants don't come into play." Natalia replies refusing to look at Nikolai.

"That's it." Nikolai has had enough. He's tried, he really has but this is going too far and he can't take it anymore. The wedding is in less than a week. He and Natalia need to be on good terms.

"Natalia, look at me!" Nikolai orders and Natalia can't refuse. She looks at him, "You will tell me your wishes in regards to the restaurant and as to the child. There will be no further defiance on these issues. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Nikolai." Natalia says bitterly. "I have no preference as to where to eat." Nikolai growls but she is under full control she truly has no preference. He'll have to choose and let his father know.

"And the child?"
"I won't kill the child. It's not at fault." She left it unsaid that Nikolai is.

Nikolai turns around and leaves slamming the door on his way out.

Samantha uncurls herself from the human ball she'd made on the sofa, "You were playing with fire, Natalia. If he didn't love you so much he would have killed you then and there."

"He wants to make me a fucking vampire, Samantha. He tells me that and then just casually dumps on the information that we are both pregnant because he wants us to be."

That news had shaken Samantha up a bit as well. Holding her stomach she still has a hard time believing that she'll be a mother in just a few months. That she's carrying Nikolai's child just makes her smile even more. She loves him for all he's done for her. That and he's not a bad lover. Just thinking about him in her bed makes her all hot and  bothered.

The memories he returned weren't all good ones. In fact she requested that he remove some of them. She didn't like remembering the first time she was raped.

Her family hadn't been especially close, her father's addiction to gambling made sure of that, but they did love each other. She wonders what happened to her siblings. Nikolai refused to tell her. He said that she didn't want to know.

If he said that then she very likely didn't.

But she does remember the first time she saw Nikolai. One of the customers was about to hit her and Nikolai stopped him. He ordered the customer out. Then he turned to her and helped her up. For once Samantha didn't pay any attention to her naked body.

"Are you okay?" Nikolai had asked in concern, looking over her body for bruises.

"I am now, lord." That's how they'd been instructed to call the mafia that came.

"Come here, Samantha." Nikolai had ordered. Samantha had closed the distance between the two. She'd heard that the lords were excellent lovers, but until then she'd never been approached by one.

"You've grown up, little one." Nikolai had purred.

"My lord?" Samantha was confused. All she remembers are the whorehouses. She no longer remembers her family.

Nikolai had lifted her face to him. "Would you like to be mine, Little One?"

Samantha's eyes widen. To be chosen by a lord is a great honor and would mean no longer having to service others. "Yes, my lord." Samantha surreptitiously looks Nikolai over. After years of  being a sex slave her body responds automatically to his looks. She wants him.

"Then come with me," Nikolai had ordered and Samantha loses all thought of getting dressed and just follows Nikolai. What followed became a dream come true for her. In time she was given her freedom, although she remained under Nikolai's care. She was given an education.

When she introduced him to Natalia though he truly rewarded her, she never needed to work again. Although she rather likes the idea of working for Nikolai.

But Natalia might just push Nikolai past his limit. She certainly hopes not. She has always thought Natalia and Nikolai would make a good couple. When they started dating she knew it. She just wants them both to be happy.