10

"Perhaps, Nikolai, but you really don't know females very well do you?" Natalia says dryly. She has no doubt that Rosalie will be less than happy that her father is getting married.

Nikolai looks at Natalia with a smirk. "Why do you say that, love?"

"Most females become very territorial when it comes to the men in their lives. I have no doubt that Rosalie will be the same."

"You're not." Nikolai says kissing Natalia.

Natalia snorts. "Hell I'm not. I knew the score between you and Samantha before I started dating you. Since you were paying for our housing I wasn't going to rock the boat. Honestly, I'm used to sharing you with Samantha, but the thought of you being with others isn't a happy thought for me."

"I'll need to make more pets, Natalia, or I'll likely kill Samantha." Nikolai says soberly.

"I know, but it doesn't mean that I'm happy about it. But I'd rather have you make more pets than kill Samantha."

Natalia looks at Nikolai, "Why'd you buy us the chokers?"

"I don't share my property very well. My marking should be enough, but I don't want any doubts for anyone, vampire or human, that you belong to me." Nikolai holds his hands up, "I know that you don't like being referred to as property, but until you become a vampire that's what you'll be."

"Until I become a vampire?" Natalia asks no little scared at the idea.

"I didn't search for you for a thousand years to lose you to death, Natalia. I will allow you a few years to remain human, then I want you to become a vampire." Nikolai says very soberly. "I never plan on getting married again."

"So it won't kill me, kill me to become a vampire?" Natalia says thinking about the idea. Tasting it and trying it out. Now that she thinks about it the better she likes the idea, but she's still scared.

"We've already established a bond, the stronger the bond the more likely the change is to occur. My father didn't know that or I doubt he'd have tried to change me. His maker was incompetent and it was only by luck that my father survived his change.

"Not only do we have a strong emotional tie, but we've also exchanged blood. Not just now although you don't remember the first time."

"Nikolai, I was a virgin until last night. How did I drink your  blood and not die a painful death before?"

Nikolai smirks down at her, "The body just needs to believe that it's getting sex. I thoroughly pleasured you and it was sufficient." The smirk leaves, "It's a damn good thing too, your family damn near killed you. If I hadn't of forced my blood into you, you wouldn't have awakened the next morning."

"That's why you killed them?" Natalia says wonderingly.

Nikolai hides his emotions, even managing to block his feelings through the bond, "Yes."

Natalia lifts her arms up and encircles Nikolai, gently pulling him to her. "Thank you." She would like to remember that though. She's sure that he did a thorough job of giving her pleasure and that's something she would like to remember.

"Nikolai, I know you said that it's her story, but how did you and Samantha first meet?" This is bothering Natalia pretty bad.

"She was a slave in my father's whorehouse." Nikolai finally says after thinking it over.

"Was she yours?" Natalia says after a long silence envelops them both.

"No. She was brought in as payment for a debt. Her parents, well they paid with their lives, Samantha with her body. She was stuck in that hell for six years before her debt was paid sufficiently that I could buy her freedom."