12

Samantha runs her hands over Nikolai. She loves the feel of him. She smiles sadly though, the days of him sharing her bed are numbered. "How do I fix things with her, Samantha?"

"Give her time, Nikolai. By doing things the way you did, you placed yourself in the same place her parents were. She just needs to remember that you aren't them." Samantha say kissing him. She's been his mistress for four years and has never regretted it. She will miss him though.

"You are sad this night, Samantha. Am I bringing you down?" Nikolai says shifting his position so that he can more fully look at her. He'd always found her beautiful. It's a good thing the debt collectors found her so as well. The rest of her family hadn't fared nearly so well.

"No, my thoughts are doing the job this night, Nikolai. Natalia will demand your time soon and then you will no longer have time for me."

Nikolai smiles as he runs his own hands over her body. He expertly gains the reaction he wishes for. "You assume that she will forgive me, Samantha. I'm rather losing hope at this point. Over a thousand years searching just to ruin everything by moving too fast." Samantha moans even as she opens to him once more.

"She will forgive you, Nikolai. She loves you too much not to. Just give her time."

"You and she are to have lunch with father tomorrow. Time is almost up. Should she meet with father with the attitude she now has, he'll kill her even if she is my mate." Nikolai says then stops all talking as he takes out his frustration on Samantha. Samantha doesn't mind though, even rough he's an excellent lover.

Samantha waits until they've both cooled down to restart the conversation. "Natalia might be angry with you, Nikolai, but she isn't stupid. She'll behave at lunch tomorrow." 

Samantha gets up on her arm and leans over Nikolai, "You've been with me several times these last few days. When was the last time you were with her?"

Nikolai sighs, "When she found out you are pregnant. She hasn't let me touch her since."

Samantha snickers at that. "I've seen you seduce a roomful of haters, Nikolai, both male and female. Go seduce your fiancee."

Nikolai looks at his mistress and she sees his uncertainty in his eyes. "It won't make things worse?"

"Don't order her, seduce her without using your vampiric charm. Then afterwards talk to her and find some middle ground. She loves you and is hurting just as bad as you. Can't you feel it?"

"She's blocked the bond."

"Then you need to do this even more. Go, find your love and love her until she forgives you."

"If this works, what do you want for a reward?" Nikolai demands.

"Sebastian."

Nikolai looks at her amused. "You want me to give you a vampire? A powerful one at that?"

"I know that I can't have him, but maybe a few nights with him?" Samantha looks at Nikolai hopefully.

"Just sex or blood as well?" Drinking of the blood during sex increases the pleasure an hundredfold. 

Samantha swallows at the thought, "Both, if you would allow it."

Nikolai smiles and kisses her. "If this works, I'll talk to Sebastian. I don't think my son will mind too much at all." That Sebastian was Nikolai's son had both surprised her and not. The surprise because they really don't look anything alike, but the not because they are both similar in bed. She is always satisfied after she's been with them.

Natalia stares unseeing at the city lights below. Nikolai hasn't talked to her since she told him it didn't matter. She misses him, misses his touch, his kiss. She misses the safety he brings her. Only he has ever made her feel that safe. But at the same time, he's hurt her so deeply. She's not ready to become a mother, let alone to a half vampire child.

A lone tear makes it's way down her cheek.

She knows that he's here. She saw him come in and go with Samantha. She admires their stamina, they've been in Samantha's room a very long time. It hadn't even been near to sundown when he showed up, it's nearly midnight now.

"Natalia?" She catches her breath.

"Master?"

"Look at me, Natalia." Natalia finds herself doing as requested although he hadn't ordered her to do so.

"Do you enjoy calling me, Master?" Nikolai asks she detects more than a little hurt in the question.

"No. But that is what you are, is it not?"

"It needn't be that way, Natalia. It was never meant to be that way. I messed up and I'm sorry." Nikolai wants desperately for things to go back to what they were before.

Natalia merely shrugs, "We all make mistakes and we all have to deal with the consequences."

"Can you ever forgive me?" Nikolai is unable to mask the pain in that question.

"What is there to forgive? You are my master and I am obliged to do as you will."

"Natalia," Nikolai walks forward. He reaches his hand to touch her then remembers his touch is unwanted. "Do you want me to remove the mark? I'll remove it and cancel the wedding if that is your wish. I will terminate the child and you will never see me again."

Natalia freezes, the thought of never seeing Nikolai again makes it so she can't breathe.

Nikolai takes Natalia to the sofa and sets her down and puts her head between her knees. He cheats a bit and forces her to breath in and out at a steady tempo until she tries to sit up. Then he lets go and removes himself to the other side of the room.

"The choice is yours, Natalia. I won't force you to marry or even be with me. If I've messed up that bad then I'll give you your freedom."

"I'll be taken by other vampire's though right?"

"You'll have the same chances as all other humans, I'll no longer be able to protect you." Nikolai shrugs.

"I don't want any other vampire to touch me."

"You don't want my touch either, anymore." Nikolai responds.

"Yes, I do." Natalia whispers it, but to Nikolai it was as clear as can  be.

He shakes his head, "You've made it clear that I'm not wanted. If you come here I'll remove the mark and the child."

"No."

Nikolai sighs in defeat, "Then what do you want? I'll give you the world if that is what you want. Just tell me." He could do it too. His people could easily overthrow the world governments and take over making him the king of the world. They are in position to do just that, if he ever decides to go that route.

Natalia shakes her head, "I don't want the world. I just want you."

Nikolai isn't sure that he heard correctly. "You want me?"

"Yes, forgive me for how I've been. I..." Nikolai was over to her and kissing her before she could finish the sentence. Later, a long time later they will talk and make compromises.

That night for the first time since the fight they are both able to sleep decently.