Chapter Three ~ Surrounded By Strangers

Začít od začátku

Emi looked scared "but I don't want this Nate"

"None of us do" I answered sadly "but we can watch over you and teach you how to control the ability. The elders will join you into the pack and your dad will be thrilled" 

"My dad? The elders? They know about this?"

"Yes. The elders decided to stop their phasing and grow old and your dad gave up the ability when he met your mum. He is the greatest alpha to this day. Your father's choice angered the elders so they disowned your whole family."

Emi suddenly looked angry "I don't want any part of this. I don't want or need the elders and their mystical crap."

"I know they hurt and ignored you but you must meet them. But for now we can explain how the wolf thing works if you want" I was feeling a little guilty

She gave me one suspicious look then shrugged "Ok start from the beginning."

"When we transform we allow the wolf side of us to take control. However when we are human we still maintain better hearing then most and a keen eye. Speed is also something we have while in our human form. These things are enhanced when we are wolves though."

"That's pretty cool" she said smiling

I smiled back glad that she had moved on. "There are a few rituals we have to go through but apart from that, there isn't much."

~Emi's POV~ 

I was too confused and shocked to really take in what Nate was telling me. I then remembered that my mum was probably driving around worried sick about me.

"Um Nate can we talk about this later I need to call me mum and tell her I'm alright"

He looked confused, "oh yeah alright but Emi she doesn't know anything about this"

"I know" I replied getting up and walking into the kitchen where the phone was. I dialled and waited

"Hello?" I heard my mum answer

"Hi mum it's me; I was just ringing to tell you I'm alright but that I'm at Nate's place"

"Nate? As in your cousin Nate"

"Yeah mum that one." I saw Nate walk in.

"You have to stay her for tonight Emi. All of us do" he whispered. I sighed

"Mum I'm going to stay here for tonight ok"

She sighed "alright Emi if your sure"

"I am, night mum" I hung up the phone.

"Um so we have a spare bedroom upstairs, first door on the right and the bathroom is two doors down. Tomorrow is the weekend and if you have no other plans than we can introduce you to the mind reading thingy."

"Huh?" I asked confused

"When you first join a pack you see every important memory and moment each person has ever had. So to make it easier we phase one-by-one so you don't get an overload. After that we just get each other's immediate thoughts or memory's we choose to share." He stopped and looked at me.

"Ah yeah I'm free tomorrow" he smiled and walked away. I walked up the stairs and saw a baggy shirt and pair of footy shorts on the bed. I grabbed these and walked to the bathroom. I closed the door and took a shower. The hot water calmed me down. 

I got out and picked up a towel. Just then the door burst open.

"Hemi you're wasting all our hot water!" it was Ronan and as he finished speaking he looked right at me. Shit talk about embarrassing I thought wrapping the towel around myself. His eyes travelled down my body stunned, and then he tore his gaze away. He was blushing badly.

"Oh um sorry about that I thought you where...what I mean is I thought...Hemi said he was going to take a shower" he stuttered he spun on his heel "Hemi you low-life where are you?"

I heard laughter coming from one of the rooms "it was a joke Ronan" 

Ronan ripped open Hemi's door and slammed it shut behind him. I heard laughter and bumping and guessed Ronan was making Hemi sorry for messing around.  

I walked into my room and put on the clothes that had been left out for me. This was going to be hard living with a bunch of guys. But you'd think they'd be used to it because of Lara and Kara. Lucas walked past my door.

"Hey Lucas, where do Lara and Kara live?"  

"Lara has her own house and Kara lives with my family elders and my parents." He walked off before I could reply. Ok so this was going to be difficult for everyone. There was no way I was living with Lara. I was too confused too sleep.

Hope you liked it and I tried to eit but there still might be some mistakes :/ 

Anywhooo click the magic button on the left :D