It wasn't that far down the halls to the next room. Janson opened the door and held it open, watching each person with a watchful eye. Especially Thomas. He glanced down at his list and read out more names including Frypan and then Abby.

Frypan went into the room, following a couple other gladers, with a small wave.

"I'm not going. I'm not doing it," Abby let him know. She moved to hold onto Newt's upper arm. There was no way she was leaving him again.

"Fine. Your mistake," Janson said, "You'll change your mind eventually."

At the next room, the last of the willing people headed through the door. Thomas, Minho, and Newt promptly announced that they weren't doing it either.

"Don't even think of running," Janson smirked, "There are guards coming as we speak."

"You're bluffing," Abby accoused.

"Maybe I am," he raised an eyebrow, daring them to rebel against him.

The four of them glanced at each other, all of them wondering if it was the right time to try anything. But, four guards soon showed up with launchers in their hands. The small electric balls inside them were surrounded by bright white sparks of electricity.

"Guards," ordered Janson, "Get these subjects to their rooms."

Abby watched as Newt's face turned with anger. "Don't you bloody call them subjects!" he fumed, "I swear I won't hesitate one second to hurt you."

"Oh please," Janson spat, "I'd like to see you try. It is five against four. That is if we even count you." He was referring to Abby.

Newt started to move forward angrily, but Abby put out her arm, stopping him. She scowled at Janson and gave Thomas a look that said: "give me the word and I'll get him".

Thomas nodded slowly, "Guys, I think it's time to do the right thing."

Everyone in the group caught his drift and in a flash, all of them started to attack.

Thomas took Janson, Newt and Abby each went for one guard, and Minho did a surprisingly good job of handling the other two.

Abby saw Thomas tackle Janson to the ground just as she punched one female guard who fell back against the wall. For a moment, they had an advantage.

However, one of the guards that Minho was supposed to be taking care of ran over to help Janson. He started to pry Thomas off of him. The other guards started to regain their senses and fight back.

They were losing.

The female guard caught hold of Abby's wrist and then grabbed both of her arms, holding them behind her back. She soon had no control, trapped in the guard's arms.

Thomas was shoved against a wall and Minho was the same, shouting as he tried flailing his arms and legs to get free. And Newt was being shoved against the white tile floor harshly, with absolutely no luck in trying to escape. Just like the others.

The Rat Man stood up, brushing himself off and straightening his suit jacket.

The guard holding Abby picked up her launcher and pressed it against Abby's head, right on her temple. "I'll shoot her right now Janson," she raved, "Just say the word."

Newt struggled violently against the hands holding him. "Don't you hurt her!" he shouted, "Don't even touch her!" He fought harder until the guard kicked him in his side.

Abby flinched, knowing it must hurt pretty badly.

"That's it," Janson was no longer as calm and collected as he usually was, "We're doing this procedure to remove the swipe whether you like it or not. It's easier this way anyway." "You three," he pointed to the guards holding Minho, Newt, and Abby, "Get them somewhere where they can't escape with whatever force necessary."

He then turned to Thomas, "And you. We'll do him first. All of you get going."

Newt, Abby, and Minho were forced down the hallway to a solid metal door, guns and launchers in their faces the whole time. Behind them, Thomas was being dragged kicking and screaming into the surgery room. Eventually, he gave up, going limp, and they pulled him inside.

I hope this wasn't too much of a filler chapter. I actually really liked this. I do take feedback btw, as long as it's positive or like constructive criticism. Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter, I'll update soon.
-Kaelan