Chapter 3

Adrian's POV

"Who's the patient's relative?" The doctor said kaya agad kaming naglapitan sa kaniya. Ako, si Tito Ricky, Mama and Ae. Isa-isa niya kaming tiningnan. Huminto ang tingin niya sa'kin. "You're his husband?" I looked to my Mom, Ae and Tito. They nodded, and I nodded.

"Y-yes." I said. She smiled and clapped.

"Congratulations! Your wife is 2 months pregnant! The baby is strong! Muntik na siyang malaglag but you're wife is fine. Ililipat na siya sa private room." She said. Natulala ako. She really is pregnant. Natatandaan ko pa na may nangyari sa'min. God! Ang bobo ko! Nakabuntis ako! Pero gosh. Sa'kin ba talaga iyon?

Nilingon ko sila Mom. They're all shock and looked at me. I frown. I heard Tito Ricky's angry voice.

"Are you the father?!" He asked. Even if I'm not sure, I still nodded. He punched me. Narinig ko ang pagsigaw nila Mom and Ae.

"S-stop it, Ricky!" Mama said at inaawat si Tito. Nagpaawat naman si Tito.

"You know what? That punched ay para sa pagbuntis mo sa anak ko. Damn. Ni hindi nga kayo kasal. Btw, I must be thankful because you're the father of her child, hindi kung sino-sino lang. Welcome to our family, Adrian. Marry her as soon as possible." He said at tinalikuran kami. Agad akong napaupo sa bench. Mama hugged me and Ae tell something.

"Gosh! Ate Xyra is pregnant and you're the father! I really can't believe it! She just said earlier na hindi niya alam pangalan mo then you're the father of her child. Kaya pala ganun na lang siya manggigil sa'kin kanina. Aish!" She said while giggling. I chuckled. "Look! You chuckled. Are you okay now?" She asked. I nodded. She hugged me. She makes me laugh an smile kahit may pinagdadaanan siya. She has Leukemia. Stage 2. I prayed for her.

"Thankyou, Ae." I said at hinugpitan ang pagkakayakap ko sa kaniya. Naramandaman ko ang pagyakap sa'min ni Mama.

"Mga anak ko naglalambingan, hindi man lang ako sinama." Sabi ni Mama kaya napatawa na lang kami. Humiwalay si Mama at tumingin sa'kin. "Ang bilis ng panahon, Anak. Iyong maliit na batang lalaki na minahal at pinalaki ko ng maayos magiging tatay na."

"I'm still your prince, Mama." I said. She hugged me again.

Naputol ang pagyayakapan naming tatlo ng mag-ring ang cellphone ko. Tiningnan ko kung sino ito. It's Marie. My ex-girlfriend. We broke up when me and Xyra did that thing.

"Hello." I greet when I answered the phone.

"A-adrian... Let's meet.. Same coffee shop..." She said. Siguro, ito na rin ang desisyon ko. I'll tell her the truth now. About what happened to me and Xyra. And to end what's going on between us.

"Okay.. And I-i have something to tell you.." Sabi ko at ibinababa ang tawag. Nilingon ko sila Mama. Nagtataka man pero nagpaalam na ako. "I'm going on a meeting, Mama. It's urgent. Please, pabantayan muna si Xyra." And kissed their foreheads.

***

Nandito na ako sa Coffee shop. Waiting for Marie to come. Maya-maya pa ay dumating na siya at umupo sa harap ko. Kita ko ang pamumugto ng mata niya. Did she cried?

"Why?" She asked and started to cried.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"You lied!" She said and cried.

"I said what do you mean by that?! I don't know what you're saying!" I said to her. She shooked her head.

"No! Sabi mo sa'kin ako ang mahal mo... You told me, ako papakasalan mo..." She said an cried.

"I don't know what you're saying!" Napataas na ang boses ko kaya napatingin na ang iba.

"You're a married man! You have a wife and she's pregnant!" She shouted. Agad akong napahinto. How did she know? I'm not yet a married man and she's not yet my wife. Hindi ko na sasabihin sa kaniya kasi doon din ang punta namin. "I saw you in the restaurant... Outside the comfort rooms. When she fainted and the restaurant's doctor told you that she's pregnant and she asked you if you're the father and you said yes! H-how dare you! I heard everything! I-i even followed you and your family with her dad in the hospital!  confirmed! Y-you're the father of her child..."

"Yeah.. That's what I need to tell you now. Naunahan mo ko." I said and frown. She slapped me.

"And it doesn't changed the fact that you lied!" She shouted and left me here  in the coffee shop with a crowded people.

***

Xyra's POV

Pagkadilat ko, bumungad sa'kin ang puting kisame. Nilingon ko ang paligid ko at nakita ko ang puting paligid ko. I'm in the hospital.

I saw Daddy looking at me with a teary eyed. Napakunot naman ang noo ko.

"We'll announce you something. Let's wait for Adrian." Daddy said. I nodded.

Maya-maya pa ay dumating na si Adrian. Madala siyang fruits.

"Hi." He said and kissed my forehead. I nodded.

"What will you announce?" I asked him. He looked to Daddy, Tita Andrea and Ae. And looked again to me. Huminga siya ng malamim bago magsalita. "Y-you're two months pregnant, l-love."

"What?" I asked. My eyes widened in shocked. My eyes become teary eyed. Nit because of pain, but because of happiness. They nodded. I hugged Adrian. "I will b-become a Mother! W-we'll become a parents, Adrian! L-love! O-oh my gosh! Thank you, Lord."

I cried because of my happiness. Adrian smiled at me and hugged me. He kissed my forehead.

Wait, Did He just called me 'Love'? And d-did I-I just called him 'Love' too?

Follow.
Vote.
Share.