"Konoha!"

Applause rips through the stadium as fans realize that we refuse to give up. We get back on the court and get in position. Suzume inbounds to me and I take off down the court. "Shuriken!" I yell and slow down a the top of the three point line to allow the girls to set up. I fake left, drawing Michiko's movements, then go right. Teruko steps in to stop my progress and I pass to Hinata. Yuki rotates up to block her, while I roll around Teruko to get open.

Hinata passes back to me and I encounter Noriko just outside the paint. I pull up and fake a shot, drawing the block, then pass the ball across the court to Ino who puts it up for three. The crowd roars it's approaval when the ball goes through the hoop with an audible swish. "That's right, come on girls! Get back on defense!" Kira shouts from the sidelines, the rest of the team echoing her.

I get back and take my place at the top of the three point line, dropping down in to a defensive stance. I take a deep breath and train my eyes on Michiko's stomach. She smirks as she approaches and I feel the sting of her lightning on my leg moments later. I tense against the pain, but stay focused. Michiko drives, thinking she managed to distract me and I cut her off.

I see her eyes shift to the court ahead of her, but my team is doing a good job of blocking all of her possible passing lanes. While she's distracted I take a swipe at the ball, knocking it loose. I chase after it and manage to get it under a controlled dribble. I take off down the court, the Suna team far behind me, and make the easy lay up.

"Good job, Tora!" Suzume calls from the opposite end of the court.

"Nice steal!" Ino slaps me on the shoulder and I smile sheepishly.

"Just gotta pay attention and take advantage of distractions." I shrug and get back on defense.

This time around Michiko isn't smirking. Her glare is harsh and bone chilling; unnerving, but I can't afford to get distracted. I focus on channeling chakra though my body to increase my speed. If they score now, they'll break our streak and I don't know if I can bolster moral again.

Michiko pauses for a second at the top of the three point line, I see her legs tense slightly, then she takes off headed right at me. I stand my ground and step to cut her off when she suddenly veers right. Her foot collides with my ankle with the force of what felt like a ton of bricks. My vision whites out as the sharp pain engulfs my left leg.

The crunch of my bone is audible to those around us and I drop to the floor, clutching my leg close to my chest. I breathe through my nose to keep from screaming, closing my eyes tight to stop the tears springing to my eyes. The whistle blows and suddenly Kira's by my side. "We need to get you off the court before medics come." She says lowly, setting a hand on my arm.
"I know," I breath, voice strained. "Give me a second."

"We don't have a second," Suzume mutters. "They're almost here."

"Then get me up."

Suzume nods and hooks her arm under my shoulder. She helps me hobble over to the sidelines and I thank every god out there that the break isn't bad enough to show. "We'll take her from here." One of the medics says, reaching towards me with long fingers.

"Oh no, I'm fine!" I chirp and throw on the brightest smile I can. "Nothing's wrong, just an old injury acting up. Silly me forgot to wear my brace, I just gotta go get it."

"Are you sure?" The other medic asks, eyeing my ankle dubiously.

"Postitive." I remove Suzume's arm from around my shoulders and take a tentative step forward. The pain flares again, but I force it down with a smile. "See? Totally fine! I'm just gonna run to the locker room real quick and grab my brace."