14- I won't spare them

Start from the beginning

"We would play together... You, Me, Venkat, Deiva and Kannama too... Appa would also assist us when he is free... And Amma she would scold Appa when we get hurt and Sita Athai and Raj uncle would visit us every Sunday along with Venkat and Deiva. All the elders would be talking and we all would be palying. Since Uthra is a kid she would sit and see What are we playing along with Kannama...",I narrated our childhood and he was also feeling the same like me.

We really miss those days with our Appa. "It's getting late da... Come go to sleep... You worked a lot today...",he said holding my shoulder. I nodded and headed towards my room.

Jeeva's POV:

I went to Amma's room. She was eating her tablets. "Amma... I thought you would have slept now...",I said. "No pa... I am not feeling sleepy. I was just thinking about Kannama...",she said. "What are you worried about Maa?",I asked her placing her legs in my lap. "Leave me Jeeva I'm Ok...",she said. "Why? Why I should not do this?",I asked. "No pa... It's not like that...",she said.

"Then... I would do this for my Amma... No one should stop me...",I said. She beamed at me. I started massaging her leg. "Tell me Maa... What are you worrying for?",I asked. "Jeeva... I was thinking about Kannama's future... Today a post came... It was a job offer... She's refusing to go to job leaving me alone here... It's depressing me a lot..."she spilled her mind.

"Ok... I'll convince her for work... It's not about money... It's about her career... Her dream... I'll convince her for that...",I said applying ointment in her leg. She took a deep breath. "Ma... It seems like you are not relieved yet...",I asked my doubt to her. "About her marriage Jeeva... I'm thinking about it...",she said in upset. "Maa... We cannot force her for marriage... It's her wish to get married or not...",I said.

"But Jeeva... She is refusing to get married for that reason only... I am worried that she is still not considering me as her mother... She often thinks of her childhood and praise me for adopting her. Sometimes she only thinks how to repay us with her love and loyalty... I don't want that... She never wants to get separated from us anyway... I want her to enjoy her like every girl... She is postponing the marriage for that only...",she said.

She has a point... Kannama always consider Amma first before anything... She thinks that she could repay Amma by staying with her. But she also have her own life. "I'll make Kannama understand... Don't worry Maa... But if she is not interested we should not force her...",I said to Amma. "Mmmm Ok pa... It's getting late you have work tomorrow... Go to sleep...",She said.

"Maa... You first sleep... I'll be here with you... You just relax and take rest. Don't take stress Maa...",I said and made her lie down and covered her with duvet. She smiled at me. I caressed her head and sat beside her holding her hand. She drifted to sleep. I slowly freed my hand and resorted to my room. I have to talk to Kannama about this. I sat in the couch.

*****MORNING****

"Jeeva... Why are you sleeping in the couch?",I heard a voice. I slowly opened my eyes. Kannama was standing before me crossing her hands. I realised that I am sleeping in couch. "I sat here... I don't know when did I drifted to sleep?",I said sitting straight.

"You will have neck pain if you sleep here... Don't do this again...",she said in a conditioning tone. I nodded. "Kannama I have a doubt...",I asked stretching my arms. "Yes... Ask me da...",she said. "Wait a minute... I'll be back.... Have an important work... You wait in downstairs...",I said. "Okay...",she said and left. I went to refresh myself.

Everyone was sitting in the dining table. I also joined them. Kannama emerged from kitchen. "Kannama Shall I ask you the doubt now?",I asked. "Yes sure...",she said. I grabbed her hand and made her sit beside me. "Kannama... Is career important in a girl's life? We met our friend's sister yesterday... She asked me that... I replied but she was arguing with me",I said. She looked at me confusingly.