Power Couple

This is in Lena's POV
journal entry

December 10, 2017

It has been over a year since Kara and I started dating. I thought it would be hard to keep my secret from people but it wasn't. People think Kara and I are just friends and I'm okay with that. But when she comes into my office it's a whole other story. I'm gay and people need to get their head out of their asses and just deal with it. Mother would never understand what I'm risking for love. Kara gets me, even though my brother tried to kill Clark. One day, I'll come out with the most beautiful women on my arm and I wouldn't be afraid of what others are going to say. If people make fun of me or Kara, I'm not worried, Supergirl will be right by my side. Besides Kara is the one I want to marry and I love her piercing dark blue eyes, her long wavy hair and the way she hides behind her glasses.
Lena

"Lena?"

"Kara!" As I hurried and tried to hide my journal.

"Hey I wanted to see if you want to spend the night at my place. So do you?"

"Kara I umm can't. I was hoping to talk to Alex about an idea that I had to help the FBI catch my Mother."

"Can't that wait?"

"No if I don't do it now I'll forget what it is. But here," as I pulled off my key to my home "sleep at my place. I want to see what will happen by the time I get home."

"Oh okay I'll be there. Here's Alex's number." Kara said disappointed

"Thanks Kara"

"Don't mention it."

"Kara I'll get potstickers on the way home"

"Okay!"

<><>
Alex, it's Lena can we talk in person? L-Corp

Yea but how did you get my number

Kara

<><>
"Lena your text made it sound like you are scared what's up"

"It's Kara"

"What about her?"

"She's hiding something from me and it's worrying me"

"Lena if she's hiding something from you, just ask her about it and if that doesn't work she talks in her sleep"

"Okay thanks oh I told Kara that we were talking about a way to catch my Mother so could you please keep this between us?"

"Yea I thought of a way to get her but it requires you as bait. I haven't told Kara this so I'll say it was your plan."

"Okay thanks!"

<><>
Kara's pov

"Kara? Are you alright?"

"Today is just hard for me ever since I got here."

"Whys that?"

"It was the last time I saw my parents alive. It was the day Krypton died." As Kara starts to cry

"Kara I had no idea I'm sorry love."

"It-its just so hard for for me to talk about that that day. I worry so much that I'll lose you like I lost lost my Mom. When my parents put me in that pod on Krypton, I I don't think I realized what was happening. I didn't know I was saying goodbye to them forever. I've been abandoned before, and I didn't wanna be abandoned again."

"Kara does Alex knows?"

I Shook my head no

"Do you want to talk to her about this?"

"I don't know, Alex has so much on her plate from the FBI I'm just thinking it's just gonna bother her."

"She's your sister, I don't think she'll mine."

"Lena, I really needed this thank you. I'll be on the balcony calling her."

"That why I'm here to help you and to help you open up"

(Bold are Alex
Regular is Kara
Lena italics)

"Danvers"

"Alex it's Kara can we talk?" Trying to hold back the tears

"Sure, are you okay?"

"Yeah I just need to talk to you. Meet me at Lena's?"

"Sure"

End call

Knock knock Alex

"Alex thanks for coming. I'm guessing that you are confused by me calling you at two in the morning"

"Not at all. Is this about home?" Alex

"Sorta, it's about Krypton"

"What about it?" Alex

"24 years ago it was the last time I saw her" starting to cry

"Lena can you help me out here?" Alex

"Sure Krypton died 27 years ago today and it was the last time Kara saw her mother alive." Lena

"Kara, I remember you would stay home from school for a day but I never knew why. Eliza never told me. I'm sorry." Alex

"It's okay I asked her not to tell you even Jeremiah knew but said nothing. I would eat breakfast than go back to our room and just cried all day; when you got home I had to be strong. When my parents put me in that pod on Krypton, I don't think I realized what was happening. I didn't know I was saying goodbye to them forever. I've been abandoned before, and I didn't wanna be abandoned again. I couldn't be known as that kid that just would fake being sick to stay home and cry. I should have told you."

"Kara, if you need to cry, cry. If you need to hit something hit mon-Mike. If you need the day off just ask me, and I'll make it happen." Alex

"Thank you Alex!"

"Kara? Lean on those you trust."

<><>
The next day at the DEO

"No absolutely not!"

"Why not?"

"She's my girlfriend first of all, and I don't like the idea of using her as bait. Lillian is very dangerous and will hurt Lena."

"That's why she's going to be wearing a pant suit that is bulletproof. She'll be safe."

"Are you sure about that? So am I going to have to save her from her own mother?"

"Not if the plan goes accordingly, you will just be our safety net."

"I'll be right outside Lena's office ready to spring into action. I don't care about what rules I'll break, I just want Lena to be protected by me."