A soul? Ruby thought. But how?

As Ren blocked Neptune's scythe with his spear, he blinked at the sight of the green soul that was frozen in it's blade. Now's my chance! He thought before ducking to avoid a slash from her ice scythe, which gave him the opportunity to trip her with his own legs. With that done, the Maiden of Water accidentally threw her scythe into the air. It spun as it rose and fell, then it started falling to Ren, who had grabbed it. He looked at it's blade and turned to a nearby tree that he started running to. After he was close enough, he used his strength to break the scythe by slamming it's blade onto the tree. The blade of ice shattered into almost twenty pieces. 

Ren dropped the cold handle and looked at the shards of ice. He searched for the green soul until he finally found it. He let out a sigh of relief and walked up to the heart-shaped object. He proudly picked it up and looked at it glowing in his hand.

Meanwhile, the pieces of ice shook and they all melted into water. The small blobs of water floated from the grass and the handle came along. After the pieces of water fell back together, Arroyo opened his eyes and shook himself before flying back to Neptune, who had a worried expression on her face.

"Are you okay?" Neptune asked and her companion nodded. "Good." She grinned before she glared at Ren.

Ren looked around and found Ruby leaning on a tree. Cassie, who was standing in front of her, aimed her axe at her and the blade glowed. His eyes widen, triggering him to run to his friend to protect her. A beam of energy flew out of the axe. But before Ren could save her, a familiar face ran in and sliced the beam in half with his large sword. After the beam of energy was no more, he finally recognized the owner of the sword: Qrow.

Cassie let out a chuckle at the sight of the man. "I've heard of you. Qrow Branwen, was it? An experienced Morpher has entered the fray!"

Qrow raised an eyebrow at Cassie before he looked back at Ruby, who was being held by Ren. Looking back at the masked woman, he said, "Look. I don't know who you are or what's going on, but you need to leave these kids alone."

"Well," Cassie took off her mask. "You may call me Cassie, and I'm afraid that won't happen. My assignment from the boss was to exterminate people like these ones. But, I won't do it alone. I have a trio of girls by my side, but one of them decided to turn her back on us."

"Which one?" He asked.

Qrow heard a thud beside him and he turned to his right to find a beaten-up Venus lying on the ground. Jupiter pointed her spear at the yellow Maiden's face while Neptune soothingly stroked her water companion.

"That one." Cassie pointed her axe at Venus before she slipped her mask back on. "Now, I think we've had enough talk, don't you?" She spun the glowing axe in her hand.

"Psst." Qrow got Ren's attention. "Get her to my car. I'll take care of this."

Ren nodded and got up with Ruby on his back. Meanwhile, Cassie dashed to Qrow and the two clashed their weapons with each other. A powerful pulse of energy pushed them away from each other, but they charged once again and clashed. Qrow blocked every slash from Cassie's axe as she made an attempt to hit him with her shining blade. He destroyed every glowing arc that was flying to wound him. Yet, he persisted, even if it means do or die for him.

As Ren carried Ruby to the exit of the park, Jupiter noticed them and aimed her spear at them. Venus saw this action and knocked her over by kicking her in the stomach. She hopped back on her feet and ran to the two Youth Members of Delta. It didn't take long for Ren to notice Venus dashing to him.

"Ren," Venus said. "Wherever you are taking her, let me carry you guys there."

"What? Why would I do that?" Ren wanted to know.