!twelve¡

[IM NOT DEAD IVE JUST HAD MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK N' SHIT]
*also i'll edit this later lmao

Ian drives the three back to the park to get their car. Max gives them the keys and says he's going to hang out with Ian for a bit. Before they could say they wanted to tag along Max rolls up the window. Ian starts driving, knowing exactly where he wants to go. Max isn't sure where they're headed but he doesn't care as long as he's with Ian. He knows that sounds cheesy as hell, but it's the truth. He just feels so happy with him and can barely stop smiling. Ian turns down an alleyway, it's bumpy but not too bad. He clearly knows where he's going though as he finally turns off it. Max gives him a weird look as Ian parks the car. In front of them is what looks like an old small race track. Surrounding it is old buildings that seem to be falling apart.

"Follow me," Ian says with a smile as he gets out of the car.

Max gets out and runs a bit to catch up with him. It seems Ian knows this area by heart as he guides Max to an old building, easily slipping around all the rubbish and debris. Of course this only makes Max more curious, curious about this whole trip. Finally Ian stops at a room that looks like an old mechanic's shop. With an excited smile he looks over to Max before pulling a tarp off something. Max's eyes go wide in surprise and excitement as two old yet professional co karts are reveled. Ian puts a foot on one as he bends over and tries to start it. After a few tries the engine starts rumbling, indicating it's on. Max excitedly walks over, Ian giving him a proud smile.

"You know how to ride one?" Ian asks.

"Nope!" Max chuckles while getting into the running one.

"I'll show you," Ian says, getting in behind him even though it's built for one.

"It's easy, this is the 'power' so depending on how hard you press it the faster it goes. This is of course the starting wheel, and that ones the break," Ian explains, putting his hands over Max's.

"I got this, let's go!" Max says.

"I'll ride with you to get over to the track so you can get the hang of it. Then we can race," Ian chuckles.

Max let's Ian put his feet on the two pedals and grips the stirring wheel. Max gently puts his feet on Ian's while his hands rest over his. Ian slowly pulls the forward, easily swerving around everything. Once they're out Ian floors it as he heads to the track. With a thump they go over a small ramp that boosts them into the tack. Max is amazed as Ian gets out to let him take control. After telling him to be careful Ian runs over to get the other one. A minute of two pass before Max hears the other go kart start up. In what seems like less then a second he sees Ian zoom out of the building at a fast speed. Max manages to get out of the way as Ian gets into the track. Max notices the starting line and pulls up to it as Ian does the same. Ian reaches over and presses something, causing a traffic light above them to turn on.

"On green we go, when you see red we stop. Count your laps, whoever has the most laps wins!" Ian explains over the loud rumbling of the engines.

Max gives him a nod of understanding. Ian tosses him a helmet as the light turns from red to yellow. Max quickly puts it on and Ian puts one on himself. It's a little big for Max but not too bad. When the light finally turns green they're off. The feeling is amazing, the air rushing past as he speeds across the track. Max struggles a little with the turns, having to slow down a little to make them. Ian seems to have no trouble, like he's done this hundreds of times before. Before Max knows it he's almost 10 laps in. The light ahead of him turns red, making him curse as he slows down to stop in front of it. 10 laps, Max is happy with that. Ian slips off his helmet, it makes his hair a mess. Max laughs as he takes off his, fixing his own hair. Ian hops out and turns off his go kart before heading over to turn off Max's. Once it's off Ian helps Max out with a smile.

"10 laps," Max declares.

"14," Ian smiles.

"How? You're lying!" Max pouts.

"I am, I did 12," Ian chuckles, wrapping his arms around Max.

"You still beat me by two!" Max pouts, trying not to hug back in protest.

"It was your first time, next time maybe you'll beat me," Ian says, making Max finally give into the hug.

"Those roles are gonna switch soon," Max mutters.

Ian raises an eyebrow, "oh, and what are you so good at that you think I'm not?"

Max starts to say something but stops, "you'll find out soon," he winks.

"I hate waiting," Ian mutters in a grumpy tone.

"On the bright side this is the best I've had," Max chuckles.

"The best ever?" Ian asks.

"Yes you idiot."

"Good, but it's not over yet," Ian smirks, leading Max back to the car.

"Well what do you have planned next? Probably can't top that," Max chuckles.

Ian opens the trunk and pulls out a bag before walking back to the old building with Max. He leads him up some stairs and into a large room. There's a table with a bunch of chairs around it. Unlike most of the place this room looks like it's been used recently. There's a large trash can in the corner, a smaller table next to it. On the table is a tub of what looks like chips, cookies, and other snack foods. A gaming or meeting room is what Max assumes it's been used for. Ian sets the bag down on the large table. As he dumps out whatever's in the bag he speaks.

"So I remember you saying you like Pokémon," Ian says casually.

Max's eyes widen as a bunch of Pokémon card packs fall from the bag. He just smiles excitedly and basically tackles Ian in a hug, almost making them both fall over. To say the least, Max is the happiest nerd in the world.