Chapter 17

I screamed Henrys name over and over again. His shoulder bled and his eyes were closing. "No! Don't leave me Henry. You can't!" Tears were streaming down my eyes and dripped down on Henry's face.  "Please. Somebody help!"

Guards came running toward us and bent down to pick Henry up. "He was shot," I told them. "I don't know who did it." I kept crying and crying as I watched them take him away. I do love him. I love both Henry and Cole. I love both of them. How can that be? I don't know but it is how it is.

"Come with me, miss" Another guard walked up to me and grabbed my arms leading me back to my room.

"Wait! Will he be okay? Where is he going?" I dragged my feet behind me to slw us down but he picked up his pace.

"Don't worry, miss. He's going to the medical wing where he'll get better. You'll be able to see him soon but for now you need to stay here." He pushed me in my room and locked the door behind him. I ran up to it and hit it over and over again but no one let me out. Finally I gave up and hoped he was getting taken care of.

I used a cellphone I found to call Aria. Hopefully she's okay. She was supposed to be in the kitchen the night of the ball so she shouldn't have been killed. he phone was ringing.

"Hello?" A voice asked through the phone.

"Aria! Oh my gosh, how are you? are you alright?"

"Rose?" She asked sounding supprised.

"Yeah it's me!"

"Rose! Where are you and Cole? We have been looking everywhere for you guys! We even called the school. They are looking for you too. They think you guys have run off together." She paused. "Oh my gosh! You guys ran off together didn't you?"

"No! Aria, stop. Please." She ook a break from her questions and waited for me. "We were kind of kidnapped by the prince but it's okay now. Coles getting treated because he may have been beaten up and the prince was shot but he's getting treated as well and I really don't know when I'll be back. Cole is going to leave once he's better  but I don't knw if I can do it."

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I am in love with him Aria. I really think I am. I love both of them and I don't know what to do."

Aria sighed like always and spoke, "You need to choose. It's not fair to any of them to keep them waiting on your answer."

"You're right"  I said.

"I got to go, Rose. I miss you!" Before she hung up I heard people int he background yelling We found them! That's all I heard before the dead buzz of the phone came ringing in my ears. It must not have been too important because my eye lids started to drip. I became really tired.

I slowly drifted into sleep after I crawled int our bed.

"Miss."

I didn't want to wake up but I did. My eyes hesitated before my eyelids gradually lifted. It was the guard. He smiled and laughed. He had a boyish tint to his face that matched his blue eyes.  "The Prince is feeling a little bit better and would like to see you."

I nodded and walked down to the medical wing where Cole and Henry's beds were right next to eachother. I smiled, "Hey."

"Hey" they both said smiling back.

"How are you guys feeling?"

"In pain," Henry started. "But I'll be alright."

I turned to Cole, "Good, a ot better now that he's in pain. It brings a warm feeling to my heart to see him this way after what he did to me."

Henry glared at him and he stuck out his tongue. I laughed it was like they were little boys.

"Henry, "I asked. "Do you know who shot you?"

He shook his head and smirked staring at Cole. "After our magnificent make out session, your lips were all I could think about. I didn't have the strength to look at anything else."

This time it waas Cole glaring at Henry. "Oh stop it you two. You are like four year oldsd fighting over a toy."

"An amazing toy, really." Henry replied.

Cole nodded. "You are worth fighting for."

I smiled. "Well thanks but I am not a toy and dont want to be treated like one. Cole, I called Aria and the school is looking for us."

Henry laughed. "They think you ran away together!"

"Yeah," I started. "Wait- how did you know that?"

"I told you, I have people everywhere. I know things." He smiled.