Chapter 16

"Cole!" I yelled running to him. He was no longer in the dungeon but inthe medical wiing. His bed was those you would see in a hosptal/ It looked like Henry had a change of heart  but he was still tied up. .He looked my way and I gasped. Although he did look better from that night, he had a black eye and scratches all over his face. "Are you okay? How are you holding up? Are they taking care of you like they promised?" I started rambling and rambling afraid of what his answers mght be.

"Rose, I am fine." He said and gave me a small smile. "They are taking care of me like they promised, I actually feel much better. They are nice too, they could've even been great frinds if they hadn' done this to me in the first place."

I laughed, "I'm so sorry." It was all I could say. I didn't know what else there was to say. I can't just say that he should give them a chance beause that's stupid. If someone did that to me, I'd be furious. In other words, he's taking it well.

He didn't say anything more but Henry did. "I'll leave you too alone for a bit." He turned and walked out bringing all the guards with him. Once they were out of ear shot, I whipped my head towards Cole.

"We have to get out of here. You have to get out of here." I grabbed his hand and squeezed it feeling tears threaten to escape. "I can't "

"Shh," He whispered. "We'll get through this. I'd rather be here where I can only see you once in a while compared to leaving here and never seeing you.." He paused then smiled again. "Darling""

I laughed and hit him gently. Well not as gently as I thought because he flinched in pain. "OH, I'm so so sorry!" He laughed. "So, what are we going to do. You can't stay here, one wrong move that I make could end up with you being killed!"

"Then don't do something stupid." He smirked then looked away. "Look, I know you still have feeing for him so what I am asking shouldn't be hard to do" My hand let go of his and my lips pressed into a thin line. He thinks I still like Henry? Even after what he did to me? To Cole? Do I still like him? No. Yes, maybe a little...I don't know. "I need you to do anything he asks, even if it's to touch you or kiss you. Get on his good side and convince him to let me go. Once I am gone, I will run to the headmaster and tell her whats going on and I'll be back for you. Don't think I won't because I will. I'll come for you and help you escape and we can restart our life together. Just you and just me." He looked back at me and smiled his perfect smirk again. "That is until we have children. Can you do that?"

I nodded. It seemed like a reasonable plan but what if I couldn't get the courage to leave Henry? Oh well. I would have to get over it and go with Cole...right? "Yes, I can."

"Good," He leaned in as far as he could and kissed me. It was light and fresh and it just felt right.

"Okay, guys, times up." A soldier cam into the room and pulled me away from Cole. " Ms. Rose, Prince Henry is waiting for you in the dining room. He wants you dressed for lunch. He's taking you on a picnic."

His eyebrows jumped up and down excitedly like something more was going to happen but all I could think about was one thing. "Does that mean I get to wear pants?" I asked. The soldier seemed dumbfounded by my response but he nodded his head anyway.

"The prince has gotten you many pants and shirts and chose which ones he wants you to wear." I nodded and looked at Cole who had turnd his head away from me again. "Now, hurry up miss. He doesn't like waiting." I nodded again and left the room. A picnic? That isn't like Henry.

Once I reached my room, I found some light blue capris and a light yellow tank top. I put the outfit on and I must say It did look good. I found that it hugged my body and showed my curves perfectly. Running into the dining hall, I saw Henry checking his watch. He looked up and his eyes widened. "Now I can see why you wanted pants, Rose. You look gorgeous."

"Thank you," I mumbled. "Where are we going?"

"To the feild," Hestated taking my hand and dragging me out of the building. "We are going to go on a picnic."

"Why a picnic?"

"I hought it would be nice, plus, I have a surprise," He winked at me and continued going through the amazingaroma of fresh air and beauty of flowers. We kept walking until there was nothing but grass. We then, placed the blanket down and started putting out the food. There was meat, chese, salad, bread, everything you could think of to bring on a picnic. "So what did you and Cole talk about?"

I swallowed my cheese at th unxpected question. "Nothing much," I lied. "Just seeing how he was doig and if you were keeping your promise."

He frowned. "I would never break a promise with you, Rose. I love you. I know I haven't made the right moves or said the right words. I know I have made a lot of mistakes but I want you to forgive me. I want to make it up for you." He reached in the never ending picnic basket and brought out a jewelery box. He opened it and took whatever was in it out. I gasped. A golden yellow necklace was held in front of me. It was a heart, one side was complete ith diamonds and the other was just simple. It was elgant and simple and beautiful. Henry motioned me to turn around so I did. As he placed it around my neck he spoke again. "I know this doesn't excuse what I did but please take it as an apology and an oath  to do so much better for you."

I nodded not knowing what to say. Henry wasn't a bad person, he just made a mistake. A few mistakes and I can't just ignore the fact that I had liked him at one point and possibly still do. He leaned over me and I leaned back until I was laying down completely. He reached over me and kissed me. It was urgent but soft and I couldn't help kiss back.

My hands gripped his face and puled him in closer to where he was practically laying ontop of me. His hands were on my hips andI couldn't help but ravish his touch andenjoy every second. He got up and took a breath. "We should go," He panted. I nodded and took his welcoming hand. After getting up a loud noise rung my ears. I quickly covered them with my hands and watched as Henry fell. He was shot.