Chapter 8

Jaide's POV

I was sitting in class Friday morning, when a slip of paper rolled across my desk. I picked it up and stared up at a smiling Nolan.

I unraveled it to find:

'Hey there's a party tonight at Alyssa's, you in?'

I wrote back:

'Idk..'

I tossed it at his desk, but with my aim, it landed by another girls foot. She kicked it to Nolan.

He rolled his eyes, then tossed it back at me.

'Bring your boyfriend, and anyone else, if you need.'

I nodded and placed the note in my binder.

-------

After school was done, I ran into Sam's car. leaned across the seat and kissed him.

"How was school?" He said as we turned out of the parking lot.

I laughed, "You sound like my mother."

"Speaking of mothers, are you going to tell her about the baby?"

"I don't really have a choice."

We pulled into Sophie's driveway. I walked in the house and went straight to Sophie's room.

"Hey." She said.

"Any updates on the Kian-Connor thing?" I asked.

She laughed, "Just getting right to the point, aren't you?"

I gave her a look and she sighed.

"No, but I'm going to talk to him tonight. I have to! He won't even be in the same room as me."

"C'mon. Lets go downstairs. You need out of this room." I pulled her out of the bed and down the stairs.

I sat down next to Sam. He snuggled into me, making me laugh. I saw Kian give Sophie a look of disgust, she looked at him pleadingly.

The door opened and Kyla and Jc walked in, holding hands. I raised my eyebrows at her, she just smiled and nodded.

"KYLA AND JC ARE TOGETHER!" I obnoxiously yelled.

"I wanted to tell them!" Jc yelled, he ran and playfully tackled me and Sam. Sam just pushed him off.

"I'm bored! Let's do something!" Trevor whined.

"One of my friends from school is having a party, she said you guys could come."

"Okay! Let's go!" Grace said.

"I'll tell the rest of the guys!" Jc said, running back to the other house.

"Or not." Kian mumbled, only I heard it.

I walked up to Sophie's room, to borrow clothes. She tossed me a pair of black skinny jeans, a gray crop top, and a beige cardigan. I tucked the bottoms of the jeans into my, surprise, converse.

I pulled my hair into a topknot bun and just kept my makeup from school.

When everyone was finished changing, we all met out in the driveway. I sat on the grass between Sophie and Sam. Connor smiled at Sophie and began walking towards her. Kian saw and ran up and sat down next to Sophie.

"What are you doing?" Sophie asked.

Kian smiled and put his arm around her, "Sitting next to my girlfriend." It didn't sound right, it sounded fake.