April 23, 2015

Dear Friend,

Lauren's been acting really weird this week. First of all, we usually spend time at either my house or her's after school. Well, this week, none of that has happened. We still regularly text and talk in school, but something doesn't feel right. Furthermore, she missed school today. I don't know what's going on, but I'm starting to get worried. I texted her earlier and she responded saying how she'd woken up really late so she just ended up staying home for the whole day. I think there's something she's not telling me so I decided to pay her a visit after school.

"Hi," Lauren greeted as she stepped outside, closing the door behind her.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked her, noticing the dumbstruck look on her face.

"Yeah, I just didn't expect you to come here."

"I texted you earlier and said I was coming."

"Oh yeah," she chuckled lightly. "I forgot..."

A moment of silence surrounded us as neither one knew what to say.

"Can I come in?" I asked her.

"No, you should probably go home."

"What? Why?"

"I mean, my parents are kind of busy with work inside and they don't really want me to have people over right now."

"What? Your parents' car isn't even here," I told her, glancing over at the driveway.

"My uncle borrowed it this morning. That's why it's not there," she answered, looking back behind her shoulder. "Look I really have to get back inside. Can I call you later?"

"Lauren, what's going on?" I asked, sensing the lies she's spitting out of her mouth. It wasn't difficult to tell if Lauren was lying or not. She does this thing with her eyes where it furiously moves side to side. I don't think she notices though.

"Nothing, Camz. I'll come over your house tomorrow, okay?" she said, giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"Are you sure everything is okay?" I asked her again, still unconvinced by her words nor her actions.

"Yes, everything is fine. I promise," she responded with a half smile on her face. "I just really need to go work on something right now, but I'll call you, alright?"

Just as I was about to walk back to my car, a feminine voice called out.

"Lauren, can you hurry on up?! She's soaking wet," the girl yelled.

"Shit," Lauren mumbled.

"What the hell? Is that Normani?" I asked, recognizing the voice and turning back around to see Lauren's troubled face.

"No, it's Taylor," Lauren lied.

"No that was definitely Normani," I confirmed. "Who is 'she' that's soaking wet?"

"Camila, can you please just go?" Lauren begged as she stepped towards me with her both her hands on my arms.

"No, I'm not leaving," I asserted. "You're lying to me, Lauren. What the hell is going on?"

"Lauren!" Normani reiterated as she opened the door, not realizing I was outside. "Shit... Um... Hi Camila."

"Okay, what the fuck?" I asked, confused and frustrated with Lauren's continuous lies. "Please tell me you guys aren't having some sort of threesome in there with Dinah."

"Oh god no!" Lauren said in shock of my words.

"Yeah okay no. I don't like to share," Normani supported.