March 20, 2015

Dear Friend,

Ever since my birthday, things have been getting better. I've been visiting my therapist twice every week. I tell her about my day and she guides me through what I can do better or what I should keep doing. I think our relationship is improving because now, it just feels as though I am talking to a really close friend who knows exactly what to say.

Lauren and I are acting like girlfriends again. Technically, me and her are still broken up, but I do want to do something to formally ask her back to being my girlfriend again. We've both been very busy that I hadn't had the chance to plan something out so I think I might do something about it during Spring break.  

Last week, Dinah persuaded me into joining a kickboxing class with her and Normani. I cancelled my membership after the first class. The two are seemingly inseparable ever since my birthday. Ally's been acting weird too which leads me to believe that something happened at my house that they don't want to tell me about. Nonetheless, I haven't brought up the topic since then.

Today, the girls and I are going to go to the softball game. This is the last game before Spring break which is next week. Lauren told me that her team will be playing against Lucy's team. I really hope we win.

I even made a sign for Lauren. I wrote her name in gigantic box letters in the middle of a white poster board along with her jersey number, 11 on the bottom right corner. Since Lauren is a senior, she was allowed to choose her jersey number. She said she picked the number 11 because it was the day that I said yes to being her girlfriend.

Dinah, Normani, Ally, and I made our way into the bleachers of the student section. Surprisingly, fewer people come to softball games than football games. This is surprising to me only because, who prefers watching a bunch of wild men tackle each other over watching females in tight softball pants? I know I'd rather watch softball, but maybe I'm being biased considering my girlfriend plays the sport.

"There's Lauren," Normani said, pointing at the particular girl in uniform with her hair tied back. Lauren was with the rest of her team who seemingly looked the same from behind, but I could tell which one is her.

"Lauren!" I waved and called repeatedly until finally getting her attention. I blew kisses at her which she'd catch and place in her pocket.

"Ugh, you are so embarrassing Mila," Dinah said, sticking her tongue out.

"Let the girl be excited," Ally said in support of my actions.

"Dinah maybe you should get a girlfriend of your own so you won't be so bitter," I told her jokingly.

"Yeah. Maybe you should Dinah," Normani agreed suggestively which earned raised eyebrows from Ally. Dinah breaking eye contact as she pretended to watch what was on the field.

"Is there something going on that I should know about?" I asked the girls whom were all sat beside me.

"Nope," Normani and Dinah answered in sync.

"Okay you guys are being weird," I told them.

"No you're being weird," Dinah started. "Can we just watch the game?"

"Yeah it's about to start soon," Normani agreed.

The game proceeded. The first inning, then the second inning, the third, and so on.

To be honest, I was only interested when Lauren was up on the plate and the other times where she'd be the catcher. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. How can she still look so hot even though she had dirt all over her uniform which was very noticeable considering it was white.

With the last inning of the game, Lauren stepped up to the plate. The score was tied and she had the chance to either bring the team to victory or end it with a tie.

The pitcher threw the ball. Lauren missed. Strike One. I think Lauren's nerves were getting the best of her since she usually hits the ball on the first pitch. The ball was thrown again. Strike Two.

"You got this Lauren," I called out, hoping to provide some relief to her. The other girls and the rest of the student section were watching nervously.

Lauren got on her stance, putting her left foot forward, pulling her bat to the side, close to her face.

The pitcher threw the ball, creating a curve. The sound of the softball hitting Lauren's bat imminent through the crowd as everyone stood up, loudly instructing the girl to run to first base, then second, then third, and finally, home run!

Out of everyone in the crowd, I must've been the most excited to see my girl win the game for the team because I ran down the bleachers and into the field.

"Lauren!" I yelled in excitement, unintentionally pushing her teammates out of the way and tackling Lauren to the ground. "You freaking got a home run!" I told her, my legs straddling her as she laid on the field.

"Camz, can you let me up?" Lauren laughed as I got up and offered her my hand. "Thanks, baby."

"My bad, I didn't realize I tackled you to the ground," I told her honestly, unaware of my previous actions. "I'm so happy you won!" I admitted, planting a kiss on her lips.

"You're probably the happiest one here," Lauren pointed out, looking at her other teammates who seemed to be watching us. My face grew red in embarrassment.

"I need me one of that after every game," one of Lauren's teammates pointed out, breaking the silence, her eyes referring to me. "Good job Lauren," she added as she gave Lauren a pat on the back. The rest of the team praising her before walking away.

"You should kiss me again," Lauren said suggestively as she wrapped her arms back around my waist and pulled me in a tight grip. "I mean I did win the game and all."

"So you think I should kiss you just because you won the game?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I think you should kiss me because my butt hurts from when you tackled me," she acknowledged. "And it's proven fact that kissing reduces pain."

"So you want me to kiss your butt?" I asked jokingly.

"I wouldn't be opposed to it," Lauren said smirking as she pressed her lips against mine, not being able to wait any longer.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her after pulling our lips apart, the three other girls making their way towards us.

"I could go for something to eat," Lauren acknowledged.

"Are you down for some pizza?"

"Camz, I'm always down for pizza," Lauren said half-jokingly. The three other girls agreeing with her.

"We can go get pizza and watch a movie or something at my house," I offered. "Hey, I'll even get you cinnamon sticks for winning."

"I think no matter the outcome of anything, I'm always winning with you by my side," Lauren responded making me blush.

The rest of our day was spent in the living room of my house. Traditionally eating pizza and having a movie marathon. Today was good and I hope tomorrow will be too.

Yours Truly,
Camila