Welcome Home {Intro}

The whole team had finally made it back to Earth, delivering peace to the universe. They'd spent about eight years in space, fighting a 10,000 year old war for an alien race, but they were finally back. Lance would be able to see the warm smile that graced his mother's lips as he returned. He'd feel her hug the life put of him again, along with his whole family. Everything was going to go back to normal.

But life never goes as planned.

When team Voltron arrived back on Earth, everything was different. Fifty-six years had passed on Earth, yet they hadn't aged more than eight years. To put it simply, they had missed two whole generations of teenagers, now onto their third. Any of their friends from the before were now the considered grandparents.

That wasn't the worst part, though. Because everyone aged faster on Earth, that also meant their parents aged 56 years. Not a single one of their parents were still alive after all those years.

Lance wouldn't be able to see his mom's warm smile grace her lips ever again.

Hunk wouldn't ever come home to see his parents in the kitchen, pulling a fresh batch of cookies out of the oven when he came home for the holidays.

Pidge would never be able to have her whole family complete again, only herself and her brother.

Keith had no home to return to, his shack haven been torn down ages ago.

Shiro would never be able to return to the fields he worked in as a child.

Everything was gone, never able to come back.

Out of all the things Lance regretted, what he regretted most was the fact that he never sent a message back to Earth when he had the chance to, all those years ago. He was never able to say goodbye to his mom, and that seemed to eat away at him everyday.

The team had been back on Earth for about two months or so, and life was hectic. Having a constant supply of oxygen was a weird thing to return to, and being able to eat solid foods again, was heaven to their mouths. Coran and Allura were immediately quarantined, despite the protests of everyone, along with Krolia. It took at least two weeks before the Garrisons had determined that the three of them were safe enough to roam around the Garrisons, under massive supervision, of course.

Shiro had been the first to be informed about this, causing him to lead the whole group to a meeting at one of the lunch tables in the far corner. It was an odd bunch from any other's point of view, having three recently discovered aliens and people who were supposed to be in their late 70's to 80's, just sitting there, but to them it was completely normal. Coran and Allura had been eager to join the school, Krolia haven been more reluctant. As it turns out, the now old Iverson had placed them all in the same classes, in an attempt to keep a better eye on them.

Classes there were much different from what it was like in their day. They had improved their piloting simulators, along with their courses for career choices. Lance was glad to see that they had made the cargo pilots more useful, yet he knew he wasn't going to aim for that position again. It was quite amusing for team Voltron to see how amazed everyone seemed to be by their skills.

Keith managed to still be top of the class, despite not using the type of ship in 56 years, Lance being a close second, then Krolia, Shiro, Allura, Pidge, Hunk, Matt and last of the group, Coran. All of them got along better than before, having spent years together. Things were getting better, slowly but surely.

--

ok so i'm gonna make this into a mini series in this bc i feel like it and it's gonna have some angst but mainly just fluff and shit :) its an au that just randomly popped into my head and i was like shit gotta write it